New Weber Book

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Jamie Purviance is releasing a new book April 25th. It's Weber's Greatest Hits. Barnes and Noble is accepting pre-orders at $24.99. FYI.

So if it's a "greatest hits" collection does that mean that all of the recipes can be found in previous books? Will there be a couple of bonus tracks, maybe of live versions of studio recipes?;)

So if it's a "greatest hits" collection does that mean that all of the recipes can be found in previous books?

Yep, I imagine that is the case. Here is an excerpt from the email I received from Barnes & Noble regarding the book. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pushing this book. I just thought it might be of interest to those who don't have the entire Weber collection. On a related note for those who do have all the Weber collection, there is a great Sticky in the GRILLING section that Chris provided for a Weber Cookbook Recipe Index. I've used it many times to quickly find which of my books contains the recipe I'm looking for. Just a thought.

Overview

All Killer, No Filler: The Absolute Best Weber Recipes Ever Published, in One Amazing Collection

For decades, Weber grills have set the standard for backyard grills, and Weber’s cookbooks have delighted grilling enthusiasts. But out of more than 2,000 total recipes for every kind of dish, which ones are the very best of the best?

In the ultimate gift for every griller, from beginner to veteran, Weber rated, debated, and curated its entire recipe collection, with help from its most enthusiastic fans. Here in one gorgeous package are the ultimate go-to recipes for every occasion.

The book includes all-new photography, fun stories from Weber’s rich and often hilarious history, and special features such as the Top Ten Grilling Dos and Don’ts.

Whether building a better burger or smoking competition-worthy ribs, Weber fans will delight in these classic standards and contemporary inspirations.

Editorial Reviews

From the Publisher
“I hate you Jamie Purviance! Just as I was making a list of my favorite recipes for my next book, you published most of them in this book. If a cook wants the best recipes for the backyard, here they all are between two covers. And such beautiful photography. What an accomplishment!”—Meathead Goldwyn, author of Meathead: The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling

“Veteran food writer Jamie Purviance has crafted a stylish and singularly smart book based on 65 years of iconic Weber recipes, but with his own creative twists. Think big flavors, up-to-the-minute techniques, and photos that will make you hungry. Another compelling reason (not that you need one) to fire up your grill.”—Steven Raichlen, author of The Barbecue Bible cookbook series and host of Project Smoke and Primal Grill on PBS

Yeah if it truly is just the "greatest hits" book with nothing new I'll probably pass as I have all of his Weber books already.
Cliff like you I do use the book index in grilling, beats dragging all the books out to go hunting for a recipe.

So if it's a "greatest hits" collection does that mean that all of the recipes can be found in previous books? Will there be a couple of bonus tracks, maybe of live versions of studio recipes?;)

That's my take on it too. IMO, it'll be like my 200 beer recipe magazine follow-up with a 250 version. OK, I did purchase the 250 recipe version, but I gave the 200 one to my granddaughter's husband.

You can also pre-order from Amazon here and help support the forum. Price is only $16.04 at time of posting.

Jamie Purviance will be here next week, April 17-21, to take all your questions about "Weber's Greatest Hits" and to answer any and all grilling and barbecuing questions. It's your opportunity to pick his brain in-person (well, virtually in-person), so take advantage of it!

You can also enter for a chance to win a copy of his book, plus download a mini PDF book containing three recipes.

Q&A #5 with Jamie Purviance

Back