Some brisket sliders

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
Had some friends over for "heavy apps" and some cocktails last night, so took some inspiration from Cliff's recent brisket diner burger post, and decided to serve brisket sliders alongside some other munchies.

Made some buns:

33657818225_c3fa186c4b_k.jpg

33273903710_ca8a3795ad_k.jpg

Forgot to snap a pic of the portioned out burger mix, but I'm guessing you can picture what 2.5 oz patties of 80/20 brisket/pork look like..... Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce. :)

On the grill:

33501115062_cfa7d8bb54_k.jpg

Served up simply topped with some provolone:

33501114782_7ad428d6a0_k.jpg

The burgers were really tasty, though I think I would have preferred a griddled crust, so will go that route next time. The buns were really good, flavor-wise, but need some enrichment added to soften them up a bit (recipe here.)

....and, this week's bread. After my starter met an unfortunate demise, I went with FWSY's Saturday White with about 8% light rye.....building a new starter so I can get back to sourdough.....

33616968946_41d34f883b_k.jpg

Happy Sunday!

Rich

Last edited:
Looks really good from here. I'm gonna have to try that burger bun recipe. Looks like you gave them a light sprinkling of coarse salt on top? Is that before baking, or right after they come out?

Looks really good from here. I'm gonna have to try that burger bun recipe. Looks like you gave them a light sprinkling of coarse salt on top? Is that before baking, or right after they come out?

Jim, good eye. Brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with salt before baking. I would have done sesame or poppy seeds, but we were out. :)

Without even meeting you I can see you have nice buns!

:)

Fantastic looking Sliders Rich! Really like those buns too. Thanks for the recipe. Too bad about your starter. Like the variation you used for the Saturday Day Bread, seam side down when placing in the baking vessel. KF seems to prefer seam up, even saying it's important. I've been curious about that. Anyway, looks terrific as usual.

Great looking sliders Rich, really like the buns. Barb has been experimenting with different hamburger buns but hasn't quite found what she wants yet. I think we will give these a try and see if those will work.
Sorry about your starter, may it RIP:rolleyes:

I like the sliders Rich, they look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe will be making some of those rolls real soon. Your other bread looks fantastic, a slice of that with butter and jelly on it and I'm a happy camper.;)

Fantastic looking Sliders Rich! Really like those buns too. Thanks for the recipe. Too bad about your starter. Like the variation you used for the Saturday Day Bread, seam side down when placing in the baking vessel. KF seems to prefer seam up, even saying it's important. I've been curious about that. Anyway, looks terrific as usual.

Thanks, Cliff. I've done seam up, seam down, and as long as your slash allows for proper bloom/spring, it doesn't seem to matter (tastes the same, anyway...) :)

Another great looking burger cook. Kim and I need to get with the program burger wise! I love your bread. Everything looks delicious!

Back