My "Back To Work Blues" Short Ribs And Some Sliders

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Well, it's been a long/short eight weeks since the surgery on my hernia. And since the lottery isn't cooperating, I gotta go back to work tomorrow. Whether I want to or not! ;)
So, what better way to end the recovery than a fine batch of smoked meats! I had a small pack of short ribs in the freezer. It was a pretty small pack, so I went to the store and got another! And, they were discounted! Nice! I seasoned 3 ribs with this.
33228047550_caafbe3fc7_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
And the other 4 with some rub I got from a BBQ joint in Lincolnton.
32768834224_2dd4e8bc82_k.jpg
33454803532_7ed8ada98b_k.jpg
Onto the WSM, started MM, with some peach chunks I had. It settles in at 225* pretty quickly.
33454806992_3a91ff38a9_k.jpg
Here they are after about 4 1/2 hours, right after I hit them with some SBR.
33454807952_c10ea9e695_k.jpg
And the rare plated shot! Served with a skillet Japanese sweet tater and the first grilled corn of the season.
32769457764_a8d5693918_k.jpg
I had one of each. Sooo good, smokey and tender! The sweet tater was perfect and the corn was awesome too!

A buddy came over last weekend. And he ALWAYS wants burgers. Who am I to deny him?
Here is the butcher in chief and local grilling legend making magic in the kitchen.
33359669592_dd4f4f7506_k.jpg
I made 5 sliders for that night, 2 packs of 2 burgers for Pammi and I to enjoy at a later date and a chunk of ground beef for whatever.
32672655204_72714b2882_k.jpg
Unfortunately, things happened and I didn't get any more pics. But they were amazing! You'll just have to take my word for it! :p
Thanks for looking, everyone!

Glad to hear your back to normal. I have an appointment April 10th to see about getting my hernia fixed, not looking forward to that at all.

Phil, glad to hear you back to normal. Never like going back to work after being off a while. That meal looks delicious, can't wait till be get some good fresh corn in the stores. Yes, Rich is going to see the doc on April 10th, been after him for a while to do so!!!! It's time now.

Great looking shortribs! I'm glad they turned out tender, which was the opposite of what happened when I tried them.

Those look great Phil! Short ribs are on my short list.:p Sorry about the lottery not working out for you, I know the feeling.

Barb, Pammi was on me for both hernias! I let the first one go way too long! This one was a lot tougher than the first one. NOT gonna go through that again!

And good luck and prayers Rich. Follow the doctors orders! Don't make me come out there to help enforce them! :p

Dinner Looks GREAT Phil!
I know all about those back to work blues... I get them every morning at 430am

Back