Thermocouple connector

Wayne Ficklin

TVWBB Fan
Instead of jamming the leads into the TC port, can someone tell me what kind of connector I need? Bonus points to those who provide a link, ...but I'm not so lazy as to require that.

I can confirm those are pretty decent to work with. They are called thermocouple mini connectors, some are labeled as type K which means either they are made from the proper material or maybe just means they are generic tin/copper kind and they are trying to make a sale. I've bought a bag of dirt cheap connectors from China and they are garbage, the pins come out completely and the taps on the screws are too loose so you can't actually screw down the positive terminal.

I've also bought the standard kind from Auber which are very good. They were the first I'd bought and I didn't realize how good they were until I bought a bunch of cheap ones.

The even cheaper alternative is to put spade crimps on the end and cut off one of the spades on each connector. Then you get a pretty good connection (jamming wires in works but they tend to fall out every time you turn your back or meat) and it is very economical, however it isn't very clean looking.

Back