Cardinals Nation new food truck serving baby backs cured like bacon?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Cured baby back ribs sound interesting.
Should be easy enough to do, but I'd like to try theirs before trying my hand at making them.
The food truck's prices sure beat those at the stadium.

food-truck-photo.jpg

cardinals_food_truck_menu_mee83oyc.png

I like it! Have to give that a try. I'm guessing a six day cure like bacon should work. What would you think Bob?

I've cured bacon, hams, pork chops, pork loin, chickens, beef, sausages, deer, and even a rabbit.
For the past several years I've only cured pork belly and some beef.
My memory isn't so good, and I no longer have Morton's curing book.
Poked around and found this, which I think was copied from Morton's guide:
http://www.uncledavesenterprise.com/file/garden/storage/Morton%20Tender%20Quick.pdf

"Curing Small Cuts of Meat in the Kitchen. It can be used to cure pork chops, pork ribs, chicken and other small cuts of meat by using 1tablespoon of Tender Quick per pound of meat. Rub the cure mix into the meat or chickenthoroughly. Place it in a sealed plastic bag and refrigerate for 4-8 hours. Rinse the meat well incold, running water just before cooking...which would mean smoking or barbecuing for ourintents and purposes."

I'm guessing a day's cure for some meaty baby backs would work, but also think the taste will be more like ham than bacon.
Maybe a good long 200° smoke would help?

For me I'm not sure if this would improve the taste of ribs. But I'd give it a try. The brisket mac and cheese also looks interesting...

Sounds interesting. Wondering if it'd give them a 'hammy' taste, like some enhanced ribs can tend to have.

I don't have anything to add about ribs but my family & I just toured the ball park last Sunday. What a magnificent facility! Absolutely gorgeous park. We went to the cardinals hall of fame and had lunch in cardinals nations restaurant. A must see if you're in st Louis.

Back