Another redhead

Wayne Ficklin

TVWBB Fan
Somebody talk me out of this. My wife's not really excited about this idea. Its got a side burner that my current Genesis doesn't have.

33449467741_b262470bb8_b.jpg

Last edited:
K, this is me talking you out of it.

The handle is not original and it looks like it is missing the swing up table. Probably needs new grates, burners and flavorizer bars. That is the deep firebox so it will require additional bars. According to the owner it will need the tray that the drip pan attaches to. I'm thinking the bracket that supports the tray is damaged or missing.

That's all I got.

I thought the side burner would only mount on the larger frame. After I fixed up mine I see other ones I want all the time now. My wife isn't going to have it for a long time.

I don't need or have room for this grill, and my current/recent redhead genesis is in much better condition, ...but this one has the side burner. I'm tempted to get it for $20, scavenge the side burner, and use the cart for my WSM. I'll need to think about that.

Barring that, what would be needed to fix the bottom of this grill?

I don't need or have room for this grill, and my current/recent redhead genesis is in much better condition, ...but this one has the side burner. I'm tempted to get it for $20, scavenge the side burner, and use the cart for my WSM. I'll need to think about that.

Barring that, what would be needed to fix the bottom of this grill?

You'd need the slider rails, the clean out tray and the grease pan holder assembly. Probably around 50 to 60 in parts.

Wayne,

The slider rails affix to the Firebox with four small #10 screws. They rust out after a number of years-very common on older Weber's. You will probably have to drill and tap out the holes if you want to salvage the Firebox.

You can see the new aluminum slider rails (originals are steel), on my restore:

Jeff

Last edited:
I checked mine and saw what they are and where they go. I'm off Friday. If its still available then, and I can meet with him, I think I'm going to try to get it.

Back