Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday Brisket

That looks great. Nice job!
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) WSM 14.5 Original Kettle Premium 26 18 OTG Kettle Jumbo Joe Gas Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza

M Bailey that is a wonderful looking brisket. I've made quite a few briskets and have always wondered how to make burnt ends. You knocked that one out of the park! I have to say I might have snacked on that point a bit before putting the cut up pieces back in because it looked so juicy and wonderful. Great cook!

Hi Robert, there's nothing too it. I let the whole brisket rest for at lest two hours, then I remove the point from the flat. After I re-wrap the flat, I cube up the point, put the pieces in a tray, add a little bbq sauce, a little more rub, and put back on the smoker for another hour at 225*. The most important thing I've learned with this method is not overdoing it with the sauce and rub.

You're right about snacking on the point though. Usually, only about 60% or 70% of makes it back on the smoker...
    ,WSM 22.5, Original Kettle 22 , Genesis Silver

TVWBB Fan
    That brisket looks amazeballs! Nice work!
    Nathan Sleyster

Man that's an awesome looking brisket and the color and smoke ring spot on. Outstanding job looking forward to more of your cooks.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

TVWBB Pro
    Looks yummy! I will smoke the pork/beef trimmings and sample them throughout the day. If there's meat on it it doesn't really get tossed in the trash.
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

TVWBB Super Fan
    Wow, looks fantastic !!!
    2001 Genesis Silver B. 18.5" WSM 14" Smokey Joe Mini 22" Black Performer Deluxe

TVWBB Pro
    Great looking brisket.
    2009 Performer, OTG, 22.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe and Smokey Joe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12