Looking for an ATC for a Weber smokey mountain

Looking for one of the cheaper models i.e. IQ110, PartyQ, or Auber etc. Would consider a DigiQ or higher model for the right price. Located in Lexington, KY so please include shipping in your price.

:wsm:

Last edited:
Check out the heatermeter section here on the forum. I use a heatermeter and I love it.

how much did you pay for it? it seems like for the price of the heatermeter, and time I have to put in to make it and order parts I'm better off just getting a cheap entry level controller

You can buy one already built. https://heatermeter.myshopify.com/collections/assembled
Keep in mind that this is NOT an entry level controller. It's comparable to the CyberQ as it virtually the same set of features.

that is already built, but does not include raspberry pi, wifi adapter, probes, case, sd card or power supply. by the time you purchase all that stuff you can add on $100. I just want an entry level pit temp controller, I don't need wifi or remote monitoring or any of that stuff. if that link above was a complete kit ready to be used than that would make more sense, but its only 1/2 of what you need.

If I use a controller on my WSM (which holds temp all by itself), I use a Tip Top Temp

So, how do you like the TTT for control, I used mine on the kettle a couple of times and was very pleased, held 250 for 8 hours quite nicely. I'm not having any "runaway" issues with basic vent control. I'm less an electronic interface guy than many people.

Back