Hung Chicken Halves in 22.5 WSM

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Used the hanging attachment again. This thing really works awesome. Did a whole chicken cut in half. Turned out great.

IMG_27781_zpsep9irrhf.jpg

IMG_27801_zpsulmpp4cw.jpg

IMG_27811_zps1kls7zwi.jpg

IMG_27831_zpsgyeuc2wz.jpg

IMG_27841_zpsvu8xphbv.jpg

Great looking chicken Andy. Will have to try that when I unpack the rack. Would love to taste that chicken.

Andy;
That's a nice looking job on the chicken. I have a couple of Cornish game hens in the freezer that will get the hanging treatment before long.

I just did six half racks of ribs with my 18.5" WSM with the Hanger set up. I LIKE the hanger rack. It's a shame that Weber dropped that accessory in their line up.

FWIW
Keep on smoking',
Dale53:wsm:

Last edited:
I really like this style of cooking I did not know much about this type of cooking and now i would like to learn and they stop selling it my luck. your chicken came out great nice color.

Well i will just have keep cruising CL for this item.

Awesome job; that is a mighty fine-looking bird! With all the recent hype, I wonder if some shop will produce a hanger for the WSM line. I love my WSM but I also have the PBC and I must say it has produced the tastiest Cornish hens our family has ever enjoyed.

That attachment is really cool and the chicken looks delicious! I'm assuming you still put the lid on after you hang the chickens? I really like how they turned out!

That attachment is really cool and the chicken looks delicious! I'm assuming you still put the lid on after you hang the chickens? I really like how they turned out!

Yep, lid on. I lit a small weber chimney of coals placed on top of unlit coals. Set my bottom dampers to about 1/3 open and lid damper wide open. Was aiming for about 250 to 275 lid temp and it was pretty much right there the whole time. Chicken took about an hour to cook.

Back