Ribs on the new 22

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro
After our last round of snow and cold weather, I was itching to smoke something. It was still gray and drizzly and cold, so I didn't bother clearing all the snow & ice from the patio, just put the WSM on top and let it melt its way in:

Rubbed a couple racks of SLCs with some Blues Hog for my 22's maiden voyage. I'm looking forward to doing lots more ribs on this baby. All that space!

I cooked 'em at 275-300 (that was where it wanted to run) for about 5 hours, flipping over every hour. For the last hour, I brushed on some mulled apple BBQ sauce (store brand from Giant). The finished product tasted great, but was a little dry and too crunchy on the outside. It was very much like candy. Sweet. Smokey. Candy. In hindsight, I should have either wrapped them at 3 hours or just pulled them an hour sooner.

Chad, the ribs look good from here, and the smoke ring is top notch. I have to ask, how did you like the space on the 22? I sold my 18.5 last summer and moved up to the 22.5" mainly for the space for ribs! I see now,ci gotta go pick up a few slabs and get smoking!
Again, great looking ribs,
Tim

Chad, the ribs look good from here, and the smoke ring is top notch. I have to ask, how did you like the space on the 22?

Thanks! I love the additional real estate. It's going to be great not having to shoehorn packers into the 18.5" and being able to cook so many slabs o' ribs! :wsm:

Great first cook on the new unit Chad! My 22 ran hot for the first couple of cooks. Then after some cooks I could run it at 225-230 which is where I like it. That shiny new Weber looks great!

Great looking ribs Chad. Love the real estate on my 22. Have a 3 pack of ribs from Costco in the freezer that need to be cooked. Great inauguration of the new WSM. Bet they tasted wonderful.

Back