Another Franklin Barbecue Review

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Another day, another Franklin Barbecue review, this one from the NYT restaurant critic. Tough gig.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/dining/franklin-barbecue-review.html

vJwsAhs.jpg

I actually road tripped from Minnesota down to Franklin's for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I got in line at 7:30 and got my food at noon. It was very close to the plate above. I will say it was incredible! The brisket is so perfectly cooked it is amazing that the restaurant can do that consistently. I thought the sausage and pulled pork were both good but nothing amazing. The turkey was quite good though and I was surprised in that the ribs were easily among the best I have ever had. It is a fun experience and great food. If you can make it there it is worth doing once just for the experience and food.

I was actually floored by the ribs, too and I wouldn't have thought that. I went on an Saturday and got the beef rib too. It was easily one of the best things I've ever eaten.

Only two stars? I'd give three just for the visual - 4 if it was as good or better than it looks in that pic. ;)

Minor correction to the review: The Tipsy Texan sandwich is chopped brisket, not pulled pork as stated in the review. BTW, we do TTs with leftover brisket and they kill. Bun bottom, layer of pickles, chopped brisket (tossed with Franklin Espresso Sauce), lengthwise-split sausage, slaw, bun top. So good.

Jeff

Back