Last Minute Bird

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
The rest of the family ended up making various plans that left me home alone for dinner. I was going to throw something in the microwave, but since I need some leftover chicken for tomorrow's pizza night, I made a last minute decision to run to the store and pick up a bird for my dinner.

I halved the chicken, and dusted with DP Dizzy Dust:

33137449120_5dbc6f346e_k.jpg

Picked up some brussels sprouts for a side, halved, seasoned with the aforementioned DD and some olive oil:

33521199405_a584cf75d4_k.jpg

About 50 minutes or so later (indirect, 425'ish, on the Performer), this was on my plate:

32706338203_18d56da4fd_k.jpg

....and, apropos of nothing, here's this week's bread (which looks amazingly like last week's bread!) :):

32677027504_036bf159a4_k.jpg

The chicken was good, though would have benefitted from some time in either a marinade, brine, or both, and the sprouts were tasty. Not too shabby for a last minute audible, and the rest of the chicken will be ready to go for pizzas tomorrow!

Have a great weekend, all!

Rich

Great looking chicken! I'm not a fan of sprouts but the bread looks killer. You have that down to an art! And your pictures are beautiful too.

Rich,

would you be kind to share a recipe for your bread? I've always wanted to try it and this may be the time...

thanks,
chris

Chicken and sprouts look awesome and they go so well together. Man that bread looks fantastic.

Back