Genesis Silver B Rehab underway.

EdW

TVWBB Member
Oh the pull of the Weber is strong. Once I finished my first rehab: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?64257-Renovation-Genesis-2-has-begun-lots-of-pics which is still going strong, I was hooked. The parts grill I used for my first rehab was fixed and sold. In the meantime I stole a Blue Weber Performer Charcoal grill for $30 in awesome condition from Craig's List. I also picked up two FREE Genesis Silvers, one older than the other but is in quick flip shape. The other is the subject of this post. Got it free, I probably should have passed but I love grills in desperate shape clearly. I don't think the owners EVER cleaned this grill. It has serious rust on bottom panel and some rust a few other places. I think I have a clever plan for most of it but simply need to replace bottom panel. It was missing two temp knobs and looked like paint was on the control panel. It turned out they melted 2 of the knobs completely down to plastic nubs and what I thought was paint turned out to be melted plastic. What follows are the pics of it a little bit after I got it. I cleaned some of it already just to see what I was working with. I will post pics as soon as I can get to work on it more, weather starting to clear. My wife isn't always pleased that I now have a Weber corral of grills in various states of (dis)repair :)

DSC_1225_zpsdtom4tnm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_1227_zps0wigeufc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_1229_zpsmdj8ua2b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0096_zpsh384fgcr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0097_zpsy04ztolx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_1232_zpsorzcq4nu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_1233_zpsi4htocty.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_1243_zpsn14dyoa5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0103_zps9i1dkkiz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0104_zpswvn5fjvk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Whoa that one is bad. YOu got your work cur out for you. BTW look for damage to the fire box as it looks like that grill had more than one grease conflagration

You're lucky, the bottom accessory panel is less than $40. The panel for my rehab of silver C is over $120!

You're lucky, the bottom accessory panel is less than $40. The panel for my rehab of silver C is over $120!

The one for the Platinum C I picked up is $160. I have a much better condition one from my Silver C, but there are some differences, so it's not an easy replacement.

Back