Thread: Anybody Hacked the Genesis 2 Warming Rack to work on Older Genesis Models?

TVWBB Member

Anybody Hacked the Genesis 2 Warming Rack to work on Older Genesis Models?

I love how the new warming rack just folds down and out of the way when not needed. Anybody tried to hack one onto an old Genesis or come up with some other way to conveniently move the rack out of the way?

Well, you could just take it out
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Well, you could just take it out
    I sometimes use it. I don't like taking it out because it takes up valuable table space. The foldaway rack is such a great idea you'd think they would have done it a long time ago.

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB in FL View Post
    I sometimes use it. I don't like taking it out because it takes up valuable table space. The foldaway rack is such a great idea you'd think they would have done it a long time ago.
    On my old Genesis I took my warming rack out. Its surprising how freeing it is, I'm only half joking. It frees up a lot of space and makes managing a pretty full grill a lot easier when you don't have to keep tucking things under the rack.

TVWBB Member
    I at least found a solution that doesn't take up counter space while still leaving it handy for when I want to use it. A carabiner. Gonna try an S hook once I figure out where I put them in the garage.