HI! I'm Jim!

JimPlachy

Hello, about 2 years ago a friend came over to help me out with cooking pork shoulders for a big party. He brought 3 Weber Mini Smokey Mountains(the hacked together tamale pot thing)and when he left that day he let me keep one. I allowed it to sit outside for the rest of the season and never touched it. Last April I decided to buy a couple racks, some Thermoworks dots, charcoal, and wood and start doing shoulders and chickens. I did that all last year and decided it was time to upgrade to a real WSM. So last month I bought the 14.5" WSM. And yeahhhhh I already sort of regret buying the smaller one but I haven't had much of a problem yet. I spent all last year lurking these forums and the VWB site for recipe ideas and general advice. Well, now I'm registered and here to stay.

Glad to have you here Jim. Smoking on a WSM is grest fun and greater food. Good thing is if you ever move up in size the 14 will always be handy to own. Keep watching CL for a deal in the size you would like that is how I got my 18.5.
Photos are great also.

Hi Jim!
Great Name, By The Way... ;)

You'll love the 14" and when you get a larger WSM, you'll love that one also!

WELCOME!

Welcome to the forum Jim. You're going to love you WSM. This is a great place to learn as well as share. I look forward to seeing some of your cooks.

Back