Tom from pa

TPort

Hey everyone! Great site! Very user friendly and realy geared toward us new guys (especially myself)! The how to's are amazing and are layed out fantastic . I'm ready to take the dive into a new or used 18.5 WSM!
After doing some homework, it seems these are the go to smokers and I want to do this right the first time!

Tom welcome, I as you got the WSM bug after smoking on my Kettle for awhile but wanted to get the next step.
I picked up my 18.5 off of CL and have loved it great easy to use, easy care and clean up.
And all the tips you need are right here.

Welcome to the forum Tom. It is a great place to learn and to share. Remember, we love to see pics of your cooks.

Welcome Tom. Glad you joined us. This really is a great site. I've learned so much both from Chris' articles as well as from the posts and advice/tips from the members here. Hope to see you sharing some cooks soon.

A hearty welcome from IL, Tom. (I'm originally from NJ).

You can't go wrong with a WSM, but do you boat? I don't, but I've heard that most boaters end up with a disease called "2 foot-itus". It makes you buy a new boat that has to be 2 feet longer than the one you already have.

I guess you know where I'm going with this...if you get the 18.5 you'll wish (later) you went for the 22.5. OK, that's 4 inches :rolleyes: , but you get my point.

Again, welcome!

Wow!
Lots of friendly people to!
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been lurking on the main page for almost a week before signing up. I accidently stumbled on the site doing homework on the wsm after another forum recommended one. Sure am glad I found it!
After all the time and work put into this site, I feel it's only right to contribute to the creator. Once I get on my feet and get smoking I am definitely going to give them a "thank you" dontation.
I'm thinking I'll be pretty happy with a 18.5 since I won't be feeding big crowds, maybe 10 at the most.
I already know the first thing I'm doing is the bbq chicken! It looks amazing!

Back