Triangle stand

Mac LA

TVWBB Super Fan
Just wanted to thank the forum for putting me on to this. I've had the part forever, just got around to hacking it up and putting it together.

Great mod in my opinion.

I'm sure you've all seen it before.

14kd3ph.jpg

It's zipped tied now at the legs (not pictured).

Thanks again!

Johnny

I think you just stopped me from building a dolly for mine when the weather gets nicer!!!! :cool:

What sort of dolly? This was really easy, except for using the hacksaw to cut...lol Damn thing would jump all over till till it cut a nice slit to cut into.

What sort of dolly? This was really easy, except for using the hacksaw to cut...lol Damn thing would jump all over till till it cut a nice slit to cut into.
I had my porch re-decked and saved some extra Trex decking. I was going to use 1/4 inch plywood to secure the deck boards with, cut it in either a square or octogonal shape and screw down 3 end caps forming a triangle on it. The legs of the WSM would fit in the end caps allowing for easy removal. And of course the wheels would be on the bottom. This way the dolly would match my deck. I can't remember who but someone here did that mod with the end caps and I thought it was really good looking and functional.

Just wanted to thank the forum for putting me on to this. I've had the part forever, just got around to hacking it up and putting it together.

Great mod in my opinion.

I'm sure you've all seen it before.

14kd3ph.jpg

It's zipped tied now at the legs (not pictured).

Thanks again!

Johnny

I'm about to do the same on my new 22. Because I don't trust myself to measure correctly, can I ask how long is each section of metal there? Also, where did you get those wheels? They look nice & beefy.

-Chad

I'm about to do the same on my new 22. Because I don't trust myself to measure correctly, can I ask how long is each section of metal there? Also, where did you get those wheels? They look nice & beefy.

-Chad

Each piece is 25-1/4'' long. Got the wheels from Amazon but will have to get model number when I get home.

Johnny

The ones I got are 3
3 of Schioppa L12 Series, GLEEF 312 UPE G, 3 x 1-1/4" Swivel Caster with Total Lock Brake, Non-Marking Polyurethane Precision Ball Bearing Wheel, 175 lbs,
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

I paid $11.11 each for them. Price seemed to have gone to $20 per tho or some ridiculous amount. Quality wheel tho, very smooth and locks well.

Looks like Sunday's project! Just bringing home my 18.5 after a family visit.
Mac,is that on an 18.5"?
It will help with storage, I have twelve pounds of crapmin a ten pound garage!
Considering two fixed wheels and one swivel, any opinions on that score?

Looks like Sunday's project! Just bringing home my 18.5 after a family visit.
Mac,is that on an 18.5"?
It will help with storage, I have twelve pounds of crapmin a ten pound garage!
Considering two fixed wheels and one swivel, any opinions on that score?

Hey Tim,

No sir, this is on a 22'' model. I have no idea what the specs would be on a 18, maybe someone else can chime in?

Two fixed wheels and 1 swivel may work but then you have to source different wheels. :p Really though, it should work.

Yeah, that was the main reason I went this route, I just couldn't see myself drilling through the legs. I could totally see my wsm ending up like a bad handling shopping cart if I had..lol

Oh man, I really like your idea as well. I'd totally find small items to "store" down there. *thumbsup*.

Let me know if I can help in any other way Tim.

Johnny

Back