How much is the old grill worth? Genesis Silver or Gold

Chris Kug

TVWBB Fan
So in my question to change out my grill, I'm going to eventually get rid of the current grill
I currently have a 2005 Weber Genesis Gold B (center mount thermometer) in good condition
I was going to sell it, but I've offered it to my father if he wants it, (obv for free to him). My father has a 2000 Weber Genesis Silver B (black) composite tables, offset thermometer, also in good condition. He did replace his burners and flavorizer bars more recently so we can transfer that over.

trolling craigslist, I can't really seem to get a good feel as to what I can ask for either depending on what I'm selling. I've seen people asking up to $300 for a similar gold and $150 for a silver and obviously some lower prices too. I don't really believe that people are paying $300 for my old grill. but the prices are so far over the map, its hard to track what normal selling prices are.

He was figuring that no one would want it and would just put it by the curb... I told him that even non-enthusiasts would pay a little bit of money for a working Weber.

I just saw a really nice slightly older one go for 180. 300 seems high but maybe. You also might try selling on Facebook marketplace. It's a little less creepy than craigslist.

Last edited:
I've noticed that the older Weber's are getting pricy. I was buying older 1000s and some silvers two years ago for $20-30 now the cheapest ones are around $50-75. Red head 1000s are almost always in the $100-200 range. There is one on CL that's at $300 in average condition although it's been on there for quite a long time.
The silvers don't command the prices that the 1000s do, but they are going up also. I would think with the new grilling season coming up a decent silver should bring at least $50-75.

There is a 2004 Genesis Gold in decent looking (and functioning apparently) condition listed locally for $100. I see a lot of new Spirits and a few previous generation Genesis models on there quite often. The Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinum are a bit more hit and miss.

I don't know if the average buyer would pay more than $200 for a Genesis Gold or Platinum. When priced at $50-$100, demand is pretty good.

I just picked up a parts grill (a redhead 1000) for $10, so the prices really are all over the place. I'm going to use some parts from this one for another 1000 I'm rehabbing for my cousin then put the frankenstein grill together and list it for probably 125 on craigslist. I'll paint it up nice and scrub it down good; I'll get 100 for it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I definitely think my father will take the Gold (when I get the new Genesis II) so it looks like it would be a Silver B cart model. Probably will look for $75 or so.

Its funny every time I am set on getting the new grill, excited for all the space and the even cooking, I go out and grill on my old Gold and wonder if I should just keep it instead

IMHO if no need to replace grates or bars, so ready to grill $150 to $200 is what you mostly will get.

Chris, you have a better grill IMO. Made in USA, more versatile (can do true rotisserie). Space is nice yes. Believe me there are days when I truly appreciate how huge my Wolf is. But day in/out I typically use my Summit or my Genesis III (real Genesis not the new kind).

Back