Grilled Thighs and Carrots

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Several years ago I went to a Community Chicken BBQ in Oregon. I was impressed with their chicken and asked around and got a couple of versions of their recipe. This in now my go to recipe for great, crispy chicken. I love chicken many different ways but I always come back to this. Very simple, but very delicious too. Sided it up with some grilled carrots and a boxed Long Grain & Wild Rice. Here goes.

Marinated the thighs in oil, AC Vinegar, Poultry Seasoning, Salt and Pepper and Tobasco Sauce to taste for about 3 hours. Got them on the grill over direct heat.

I'd reserved about a 1/4 cup of the marinade for basting sauce and basted them two or three times between flips.

Towards the end of the cook I threw on the carrots. A little oil and salt and pepper.

All done.

Plated along with the rice.

Wow this was good chicken. Crispiest skin I've done in a long time. It actually "crunched" when I bit into it. Was pleased with this cook. Hope you all are having a great weekend. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That is a beautiful plated picture. I don't think I've BBQ carrots. What an excellent idea

Man that looks delicious Cliff. Going to give the chicken recipe a try. Rich and I love chicken and have it a lot and I'm always looking for new ways to marinade it.

I really like this cook , not big and heavy but I bet there was alot of flavor on that plate.
I love doing organic carrots on the grill the ones with the green tops on them they seem to be sweeter.
I will have to try your chicken receipt. It sounds very good.

Back