Z Brackets for Side Tables

THyde

TVWBB Guru
So I have an old grill I picked up for parts, and decided that since I have a good manifold and a lot of other parts, I'd fix it up for my cousin. He lives on a lake, loves to grill, but has always had the tin can style grills and I know he'd like an old Genesis 1000, especially if I fixed it up for him.

I had picked up the parts grill for the z brackets for the side table, so the challenge is how to get past the lack of z brackets. I'm going to try to make them out of two pieces of L aluminum mated.

If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to post progress pictures.

Trying something new is always an adventure.

Slainte!

I checked Rcplanebuyers store on EBay he doesn't show any but I agree with DaveW, I'm pretty sure he did at one time. Might Email him through EBay he will get right back to you to see if he still makes them.

I checked Rcplanebuyers store on EBay he doesn't show any but I agree with DaveW, I'm pretty sure he did at one time. Might Email him through EBay he will get right back to you to see if he still makes them.

He still does them by request. You just have to contact him on the bay.

My prototype worked technically, but not the quality I want. A couple minor things I'll fix. I'll post pictures when I get them right, but this technique works, and so there is no need to order the brackets.

More to come!

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing it!

My prototype worked technically, but not the quality I want. A couple minor things I'll fix. I'll post pictures when I get them right, but this technique works, and so there is no need to order the brackets.

More to come!

Good from far, but far from good.

First picture: good from far:

IMG_0050.jpg

Second, see how I didn't line the brackets up right when I was putting the second one on? It's down on the lower right of the metal, a little hard to see:

IMG_0051.jpg

Finally, I went all the way through the soft cedar with the drill bit a couple of times:

IMG_0052.jpg

I can and will do better, but today there was a lot of work and snowblowing to be done, so I'll get to this when I get to it ...

Slainte!

Tim

Yes, and both brackets screw into the wood. I drilled pilot holes so I wouldn't split the wood, and I drilled holes in the aluminum of course. I think it'll work pretty good.

Back