Gaps on one vent on my new WSM 22

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro
I assembled my new WSM 22 today and all went together well. The bowl and lid are as round as can be, and the center section was pretty close (the bottom was perfect, the top just needed a tiny bit of tweaking for the lid to sit without issue). The door...well...needed some massaging. There was about a 1/2" to 5/8" gap on each of the top corners, but I know the trick to close that gap. The top vent turns smoothly, as do all three lower vents. However, one of the lower vents doesn't seem to "hug" the bowl as well as the others:

I don't imagine this is going to be a huge deal, and if so, I might just make that the one that I attach my PartyQ to (plug the three open holes with metal caps). However, just to see if I could minimize the gap, I tried to gently bend it, but it didn't make much difference. I'm certainly not shipping the thing back to Amazon for this, and I'm not sure it's worth contacting Weber since I don't know what they could do (short of shipping me a replacement vent or bowl assembly).

So, any suggestions on how to tweak that one vent to close up the gap a bit?

Back