Any Tappecue Users?

JRAiona

TVWBB Gold Member
I currently have the Igrill2 but am not real happy with the connectivity. I have had it disconnect on me mid cook several times. Someone suggested the Tappecue and was wondering if anyone here uses it and what their thoughts about it are.

I use a Maverick currently, and I've never had an issue. I do plan to get a Smoke when they get the WiFi sorted out. WiFi is the ultimate solution to the connectivity issue IMHO, at least when cooking in the home environment.

Thanks for the input Vern. I agree about the WiFi and that's what I'm looking for. I read good reviews about
Thermoworks Smoke and am leaning in that direction.

Add Me to the list..I have never had a problem with my Maverick disconnecting, I have however had to purchase a new pit probe. But one probe in probably 5 years isn't too bad. That said, my next wireless set up will be the Smoke. It just looks to be a superior unit.
Tim

I too bought an iGrill2 during the time it was under iDevices and could never complete a smoke without losing connection. Then I bought a Maverick and it works flawlessly. But after Weber took over the iGrill I decided to contact them regarding my issue and they sent a new one to me and--while I don't use it for all my smokes--it has not lost connection, yet, during the handful of times I've used it. I never heard of Tappecue until reading your post.

I did a lot of research on the Tappcue, but ultimately decided to wait until the smoke added wifi capability. I keep my smoker in the back of my yard and my Maverick will not read inside my house. I'm really surprised wifi has not become the standard on these devices instead of bluetooth.

Thanks for the input guys. After some research I've decided to go with and have ordered the Smoke. I plan to add the wifi gateway when it's rolled out.

Back