Greetings from the Land of Lincoln

I’m a life-long Weber enthusiast and have been charcoal grilling for years. Recently, I’ve started smoking on my kettle and loving the results. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the 22.5 WSM through Amazon and it should be arriving Monday! I also bought my 12 year-old a Smokey Joe so he can grill alongside his old man. I’ve enjoyed reading these posts over the last several months and have benefited greatly from everyone’s knowledge. I’m looking forward to doing a deep-dive into the world of smoking…hopefully everyone will be able to learn from my mistakes!

Welcome Steve, I love that you are passing down the Weber cooking skill to your son. You have some good tools,hope you enjoy it here and remeber we love photos.

Welcome to the forum.

There are tons of info to be found here. Everyone seems to be amiable and ready to assist with any issues you may encounter.

Last edited:
Steve, welcome to the group and that is FANTASTIC to get your son involved as well!!!!! I wish you both many great cooks!!!

Welcome Steve. I love hearing stories of fathers sharing their love of grilling/bbq with their children. That to me is what it's all about. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to the forum Steve. And yes, this is a very friendly place and everyone here is willing and eager to help. Congrats on the WSM and SJ. Your son will thank you for years for getting him started right.

hey Steve, you are welcome here, they took me in! i am a newbie as well, things go good here! good luck, and greetings to the smoky joe grill master!

Back