Winner's Circle Santa Anita 4/1/17

RCantwell

I'm new, is anyone going to be at Santa Anita for the KCBS comp April 1 ? I'm helping my son with TRIPLE ROC BBQ. Las Vegas.

My wife Maryann and I will also be there judging.

Wishing You and your team, Triple Roc BBQ, BBQ Excellence at Santa Anita !!!

Rad Fondo BBQ will be cooking. We will be in the outer lot (outside of tunnel). The walk to the judges is a bit long but it's pretty peaceful out there. Look for the Shimano tents.

I will be there again this year, but only as a spectator. Talked a bunch of friends into going as well.

Good times.

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to meeting alot of people from TVWBB! I guess most will be after the last turn-in and clean-up is done. Triple ROC came in 20th over all at the Smokey Hayes in Laughlin, NV. Ribs 21st, Pork 16th. We didn't use money muscle, and only turned in 6 unglazed Cadillac ribs. Swine Thyme took GC. We left alot of room to improve for next week at Santa Anita. This will be our first KCBS contest. I figure if we improve our score with each contest it will be great. We had a very good time and look forward to next weekend at The Winner Circle. See you guys there!! and Good luck to all

List of Confirmed Teams was posted today...

TVWBB Members highlighted (bolded) !!!

Teams Confirmed (In alphabetical particular order)

1. 1:16 BBQ
  2. 2 Rolling Bones
  3. 7 SINS BBQ
  4. 913 BBQ
  5. AmeriQue BBQ
  6. Bar-B-Q's-2Go
  7. Bartz Barbecue
  8. Bear’s-B-Q
  9. BIG AL'S BIG TIME BBQ
  10. Big Fire
  11. BIG POPPA SMOKERS
  12. BJJBBQ
  13. Blaze's BBQ
  14. Blue Eyed BBQ
  15. Bob's Morning Wood Barbeque
  16. Burnin and Lootin
  17. C&C BBQ
  18. Canyon Riders BBQ
  19. Carter's Smoked BBQ
  20. Cider House BBQ
  21. COOL GRILLING
  22. Daddy O's Smokin' BBQ
  23. DG Firehouse BBQ
  24. Fu Man Que Crew
  25. Funtime BBQ
  26. G & Pops BBQ
  27. Hickory and Spice BBQ
  28. Holy Smokers
  29. Hot & Smokin 5-B
  30. Jet Coatings "Monkey Style"
  31. JOLLEY'S BAD TO THE BONE BARBEQUE
  32. Lady of Q
  33. Left coast Q
  34. Lord Of The Ribs BBQ
  35. Master of Disaster
  36. Meat Candy Q
  37. Mossy Rock BBQ
  38. Nothing Compares 2 Q
  39. Nutin2itBut2Qit
  40. One Smoke Over The Swine
  41. Outta Gas BBQ
  42. Papa La Rue's BBQ
  43. Part Time BBQ
  44. Porterhouse BBQ
  45. R and B BBQ
  46. Racers BBQ
  47. Rad Fondo BBQ
  48. RBQ
  49. Revin It Up BBQ
  50. Ridge Route Boys BBQ
  51. Rooftop barbeque
  52. Royal Smokin Hot BBQ
  53. Rude Not 2 BBQ
  54. SHARPE GOURMET COOKING WOOD
  55. Simply Marvelous BBQ
  56. SloDog Q
  57. Smoke Hound BBQ
  58. Smoked Seduction
  59. Smokin FatBoyz BBQ
  60. Smokin Harts
  61. Smokin it up bbq
  62. Smokin Mo's
  63. Starvin Marvins BayArea BBQ
  64. Swine Thyme U.S.A.
  65. Team Woodshed
  66. The Brisket Brothers
  67. The Pit Crew BBQ of SoCal
  68. the smoKINGing ribs
  69. Three Ten BBQ
  70. Toot & Stinky's Cali-Q
  71. Triple ROC BBQ
  72. Tropical Heat BBQ
  73. Twisted Brisket BBQ
  74. Uncle Vinny's BBQ
  75. Vicious Smoke
  76. Wang Danglers Beer N BBQ
  77. Yard Lobster BBQ
  78. Your Behind BBQ
  79. Zzyzx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope to bump into a few of you this time around. I only met Chris last one but he gave me a cool pin. :)

I'll be wearing it this time around!!!

Dang, I was really hoping to get some pulled pork or brisket nachos from Slap yo Daddy again but looks like they are not in it.

Johnny,

I suspect Harry and Donna are down in Texas this week and weekend at the NBBQA conference since he's one of the Directors and a VP.

You can safely assume other teams will have some Great Eats there !

Enjoy the event and the beautiful park !

Johnny,

I suspect Harry and Donna are down in Texas this week and weekend at the NBBQA conference since he's one of the Directors and a VP.

You can safely assume other teams will have some Great Eats there !

Enjoy the event and the beautiful park !

Ahhh, gotcha.

I will definitely get around to more tents this time. :)

Hope to run into you after judging is done, Bob!

Hope to bump into a few of you this time around. I only met Chris last one but he gave me a cool pin. :)

I'll be wearing it this time around!!!

Dang, I was really hoping to get some pulled pork or brisket nachos from Slap yo Daddy again but looks like they are not in it.

I've got a new pin for 2017...hope to give it to you on Saturday!

See you guys there I am judging
We are only cooking a couple contests in 2017
Big Prize $$ Oroville and one other not decided that one yet

Rad Fondo BBQ will be cooking. We will be in the outer lot (outside of tunnel). The walk to the judges is a bit long but it's pretty peaceful out there. Look for the Shimano tents.

I screwed up! I was out there on Friday night around 7:30pm wanting to say hello to you, was looking for "RAD FONDO" but forgot about the Shimano tents. I saw them but I don't think I went over to investigate. I was trying to spot every team with a WSM to say hello and give out Weber Bullet pins. Sorry that I missed you!

Thanks, Bob

I also looked for you on Friday night, I don't remember finding your spot...unless I saw a WSM and barged into your space giving out Weber Bullet pins! Hope you had a good time this weekend, it was enjoyable for both competitors and judges, as always. And the weather was SUPER this year! :D

I screwed up! I was out there on Friday night around 7:30pm wanting to say hello to you, was looking for "RAD FONDO" but forgot about the Shimano tents. I saw them but I don't think I went over to investigate. I was trying to spot every team with a WSM to say hello and give out Weber Bullet pins. Sorry that I missed you!

You missed some really off the chart steak sandwiches on Friday night! Was a great comp for sure. I am sure we will cross paths again and I will gladly take a new TVWBB pin. We are wrapping the trailer soon and may have to throw up the TVWBB logo somewhere.

Mike

Sadly, I didn't get a chance to meet anyone this year. :( I had a backpack on with last years pin on, hoping someone would say "hey", or that I'd recognize someone but nada.

Maybe next year! Great event! My gf who admitted she didn't really care for bbq, but feel in love with it! There was not one thing she didn't care for, well, there was the chicken. lol

Congratulations to TVWBB member Jerry Aguilar of Burnin' and Lootin' BBQ for winning GC at last Saturday's 6th Annual Winners Circle BBQ Championship at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA. Congrats also to Brisket Brothers for taking RGC.

It was a pleasure to judge this event again this year, many thanks to Ben Lobenstein and Ric Gilbert for organizing a top notch, A++ BBQ contest for teams and judges alike.

wRmeoJz.jpg

Photo Credit: Paul Brown aka Chilebrown. Read his blog at http://madmeatgenius.com

Back