Scored !!! Weber Summit E-670 in Excellent Condition

Chiku

TVWBB Member
I think i got an awesome deal on excellent condition Weber Summit E-670 for just 180 $- Model 2012. This will be my "Go to Grill" and I will sell my redhead Genesis 1000.

Its in excellent condition , Rotisserie never used, One of the burners has rusted and saw some rust issue on top of the cookbox.

Called Weber today - They are sending me 4 burners , new Cook box all under warranty.

Grates and all flavorizer bars are in excellent condition, just needs cleaning.

Product Name
4 - Single burner tube for main burner, Summit '07
Hardware for IR cover
Hardware for cookbox, Summit '10
Weber logo with hardware, '07
Control knob for IR burner/smoker burner
Momentary light switch, Summit '11
Cookbox, Summit 670 '13

All these items will be sent.

Ignition, Side burner all are working fine. Even all the burners are lighting perfectly. Some Photos as is

cWDqxFi.jpg

o0q17hD.jpg

HoNRdV9.jpg

FyVrhSv.jpg

Ch3t80Q.jpg

s82lNuQ.jpg

WTG Chiku....Looks like you made out with an excellent score!!! Also good to hear that Weber customer service was good to you!!!

Holy smokes, nice score !!!!

FWIW, while you have the thing broken down replacing the various parts, lay the grill on it's back and check the underside as well as every other corner and surface of the cart. Look for surface rust or even bubbling paint which means it's rusting from the inside out. That is where this grill will fail in the long run. If you stay on top of it, you can address it before it becomes a problem. If you do find any, there are some fairly inexpensive chemicals that can deal with it, whether you go with a rust converter, a rust remover, etc, etc.

Holy smokes, nice score !!!!

FWIW, while you have the thing broken down replacing the various parts, lay the grill on it's back and check the underside as well as every other corner and surface of the cart. Look for surface rust or even bubbling paint which means it's rusting from the inside out. That is where this grill will fail in the long run. If you stay on top of it, you can address it before it becomes a problem. If you do find any, there are some fairly inexpensive chemicals that can deal with it, whether you go with a rust converter, a rust remover, etc, etc.

Thank you Dave for this key advice. I don't see much visible rest inside the cabinet, but now will do detail check , specially under the frame , repaint as needed.

Thank you everyone, yes weber customer service indeed was very good for me. In fact for some of the out of warranty parts, I paid as good as half price (than ereplacement parts).

Wow! You can stop looking for upgrades now ;) Been kinda looking for a Summit lately myself. I'm finding the large vegetable basket plus 2 large steaks is kinda tight on my 310. Congratz!

Just to add to what others have said if you flip it over and everything is okay spray it with a good automotive primer. Also if you keep it on concrete place a mat under it as the gasses coming off of even well cured concrete are very corrosive and will attack the metal bottom.
That was a great score!

Maybe I'll offer this guy $360 since it is SS. Ha!

https://orlando.craigslist.org/app/6028896523.html

1500 :confused: is the ask. Now i definitely feel extremely luck with my score. Weber burners arrived, waiting for cookbox and then will check entire frame (under) for Rust.

Just to add to what others have said if you flip it over and everything is okay spray it with a good automotive primer. Also if you keep it on concrete place a mat under it as the gasses coming off of even well cured concrete are very corrosive and will attack the metal bottom.
That was a great score!

Thank you Rich.Any suggestion or link on which auto primer ? As for sure I want to make it rust proof and solid for coming years.

i checked the bottom and there is no rust at all. What kind of Auto primer I should buy to spray ?

There are some minor rust on Burner top and at couple of igniters. Have already un-assembled and removed the firebox - was somewhat painful effort). Now need another weekend to assemble and test.

I'm always amazed at deals like this. Maybe I'm not trolling my craigslist hard enough, but I haven't seen anything even remotely this cheap for what you're getting. In my area I feel they'd be asking 1500 even with the issues you have on it.

I'd pick that up in a hot second for 2-3x the price.

I'm always amazed at deals like this. Maybe I'm not trolling my craigslist hard enough, but I haven't seen anything even remotely this cheap for what you're getting. In my area I feel they'd be asking 1500 even with the issues you have on it.

I'd pick that up in a hot second for 2-3x the price.

This was an especially good deal, but the Tampa area is really good for finding CL deals on rich people toys. Daytona Beach? Not so much. When I search for Weber, I have to sort through a lot of old car parts. Ha!

As long as it's apart I would get this http://www.eastwood.com/rust-encapsulator.html and this http://www.eastwood.com/aerosol-nozzle-w-24-extension-hose.html and coat the frame internally before you put it together. Also apply it topically over any rust you might see. Then paint over it once cured.

Is this the only option as seems like I need to order and locally not available? Was reading the reviews and they dont recommend over painted surface. Any other suggestions?

Back