Korean BBQ on WSM

Will the Wok work?
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Weber-Or...-Enameled-Cast-Iron-Wok-Insert-7422/202509590
28306cbd-6bdc-4b75-86e9-17eb3aa54289_600.jpg

I have done Kalb( Korean ribs )on the grill many times and bulgogi in a skillet as it cooks so fast and is made up of smaller pieces . Never used a wok as I do not have that type of grate.
That insert is really only good for the Kalbi,shrimp,chicken,scallops as Bulgogi along with the onions ,carrots, etc will fall through the small openings.
It is made for the bigger items , just like when you are at the Korean BBQ restaurant.

Do you have a Koream market in your area? In the states there is an HMart that sells Korean cookware. I'm sure you can find something similar.

I have a portable gas stove that has a Korean dome on it and it have used it the thing I like about going to a Korean BBQ with freinds is that you can eat over the charcoal cooking plate and have great conversationions during a great easy to eat meal.
Love the lettuce wrap with bulgogi. Kim chi everything is so good fresh. And easy to cook and eat.

Just for grins, this is what I got when I ordered Korean BBQ in Japan last month.

C6cNs1RWAAA1503.jpg

Nothing like what I was expecting.

Korean BBQ...in Japan? Hmmm. I don't recall seeing any Japanese restaurants the last 6-7 times I was in Korea. Not that they don't exist, I just don't recall seeing them.

I think I'll blame the Soju, makkoli and dongdongju.

Back