One More from the Mitten State

M Bailey

Hello Everyone!
Like most newbies, I've been poking around here since picking up my first smoker. It was a 22.5 WSM that I scooped up last spring after I got burnt-out of smoking on my 22" kettle. I also have an old Genesis Silver that is still kicking, but in truth its mainly used for a prep table while we use the other two cookers. I thought it was finally time to join the group and be apart of some of the discussions. Who knows, maybe I'll be able help someone out the same way so many here have helped me in the past. I look forward to chat with you guys/girls in the future.
-Mike

Thanks guys!
Depending on what season we have this weekend (we've had all four in the last three days), I was planning to throw a brisket on Sunday morning. I've done about a dozen so far, but never tried wrapping one in butcher paper. The UPS driver just dropped off a roll, so I guess it's time to give it a shot...

I was planning to throw a brisket on Sunday morning. I've done about a dozen so far, but never tried wrapping one in butcher paper.
Groovy! I also will brisket "it" this weekend... if my floor installment does not hinder my smoke.
and Brisket Butcher Paper Wrapping (in my opinion) is "The Bomb!"

Hi Mike,
I've not taken the plunge for a WSM yet but I will be watching for one. What a fun site this place is, lots to share, much to learn!

good day! very cool place to learn. as you, i clicked my way around for a couple years looking for tips mostly. check out my number of posts, new guy here too! welcome, good luck and see you at the smoker.

Welcome! I should be ordering a roll of pink paper sometime this week too. There are 2 briskets in the freezer right now.

EDIT: 4/28/17: Paper received. For the hell of it I used it on a corned beef flat after a 3 day de-brining. It came out quite good. I haven't used table salt since the early 80s and find it easy to pick out while eating at restaurants, but I did not taste any salt in this meat.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Mike. That brisket sounds like a great idea. Don't forget to post pics of the cook.

Photo Test...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99IFDpBiy-JY01vZEJ6R0hXTEU/view?usp=sharing
view

Last edited:

Back