20 yr old Go Anywhere propane find

Garth C

TVWBB Super Fan
Been searching craiglist for old Go Anywhere's with old flavorizers. Don't like the new ones where it's a grate/flavorizer combo thing.

Found this beauty for 20 bucks new in box. Manual says 1993. Haven't put together. any ideas the real year.

fvZ9zOhv6xtBkAQ_Pc7f9Xyksy5q4PlUsV6cxAdHdKOBKH9L-ePG9Gf3MIRZ5IJH1NStk90T1diiLaM=w978-h550

Last edited:
No pic. But there is no real way to tell the age on the gas models that I'm aware of.
so one could assume it's about the age of the manual give or take a few years. Congrats on a great find.

Back in the late 80s & maybe into the early 90s the GGA came With lava rocks believe it or not. I forgot what year they stopped using those though.

Last edited:
No pic still. I never heard of the gga having lava rocks and I have some old ones. I know the sunbeam that looks very similar has lava rocks.

No weber came with them to,You can do a Google search for old GGA and read the article about them... I still have two of them in storage & I had another post on here year's ago about them.

google photos seems to have lost hosting abilities. below is link to picture.

swv79y.jpg

C8w4JEi7IHWTTt07d7KemoSL4DkFIzm5VWRCSvRqKuD_fu3tNUajTIadoofOsKXf6lDXVPGKKz3UCHo=w978-h550

Garth

Last edited:
Let me try George, I may not be able to I'm using my phone as my computer isn't working anymore.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Never heard that nor ever seen that. Sure wish I could find the patent for the early version with the rocks. Would like to see how it was set up. Been trying for an hour with no success.

Read every patent that I could find listed. Could not find anything on the gga with rocks. Only patents with flavorizer in the ga. Man, I so want to see the gga with rocks. Thanks guys.

I had one back in the early 90's. It worked alright, not-so good on a windy day. Wish I still had it.

Tim

Back