Question about summit orifices

MarkGinEvanston

Does anyone know if the orifices from a summit s-470 would be the same size as the s-670? I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Are you asking if they physically fit or if the actual size of the opening (thread size) is the same. IIRC they are the same on both specs assuming same fuel. IOW an LP orifice from a 470 will be the same as an LP orifice from a 670.

Well it turns out the natural gas line in my garage was cut so i want to convert my new to me summit to propane. I found a manifold from a 470 for cheap and I was wondering if i could take those orifices and swap them into my ng summit.

You could but you will be 2 short. 470=4 burners 6xx - 6 burners. Unless you have the 470 than you'd be up by 2. I think the IR rotisserie burner is the same size and BTU between them so the orifice there would work as would the side burner orifice. Then you need an LP regulator and hose, a few other little odd bits but it should be fine

You could but you will be 2 short. 470=4 burners 6xx - 6 burners. Unless you have the 470 than you'd be up by 2. I think the IR rotisserie burner is the same size and BTU between them so the orifice there would work as would the side burner orifice. Then you need an LP regulator and hose, a few other little odd bits but it should be fine

Do you know of a source where I could just order all the orifices?

Back