Genesis Gold

Sal Barsanti

Stumbled upon a Genesis Gold on the side of the road recently. Took me about half a second to turn around and load it up. Owners were giving it away for free, with a note saying that "parts will be needed."

The ignitor looks like it is working. Burner will need to be replaced.

I currently have a Silver. Not sure what to do. Should I keep both? Get rid of one? Any thoughts please?

hwnQKJ.jpg

h369ZN.jpg

DydA7h.jpg

JK2dhV.jpg

hIDiTg.jpg

Last edited:
A guy can't have too many.....................just look at my fleet (Summit 450, Genesis III, Wolf BBQ36C, Q220). Also a Jumbo Joe charcoal unit. Never stop looking either LOL

Nice find.

The decision to keep both is dependent on need/want. Not sure if you need grates but I saw aftermarket burner tubes for $19 on Amazon and 18 gauge SS flavorizer bars for $30. Grates would probably run another $50.

You could sell the silver to purchase what you need for the gold. That is what I'm doing with my latest find.

Like LMichaels said a guy can't have to many grills. I've got eight Weber's and always on the prowl for another. I think that gold would be a keeper for sure. Even if you have to put a hundred or more into it you can't buy a grill that nice for five times that.

A guy can't have too many.....................just look at my fleet (Summit 450, Genesis III, Wolf BBQ36C, Q220). Also a Jumbo Joe charcoal unit. Never stop looking either LOL

Nice find.

The decision to keep both is dependent on need/want. Not sure if you need grates but I saw aftermarket burner tubes for $19 on Amazon and 18 gauge SS flavorizer bars for $30. Grates would probably run another $50.

You could sell the silver to purchase what you need for the gold. That is what I'm doing with my latest find.

Like LMichaels said a guy can't have to many grills. I've got eight Weber's and always on the prowl for another. I think that gold would be a keeper for sure. Even if you have to put a hundred or more into it you can't buy a grill that nice for five times that.

Thank you for the comments. I appreciate the feedback. I don't have a lot of room on my back patio, so I'm not sure if I can keep 2 back there. Wife probably won't be too thrilled, either. Decisions...

Trouble is wives talk back Webers don't. LOL. Patios are there to hold lots of grills. If someone tells you different tell them to get lost. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life

If you only keep one, is your current grill a Silver B or a Silver C ? I.e., does it have a side burner ? Also, what about the number of flip up tables ? Does your Silver have them on the left and the right ? If not, do you want/need two? Lastly, do you prefer the SS lid versus whatever color you currently have ?

Worst case scenario, you spend some money to restore the Gold, then sell your Silver and recoup all the costs. In short, potentially a free upgrade, or one that you might even make money on. If you are happy with what you have, you might still invest the money/time and flip the Gold for some extra cash.

I know the feeling! What is the right number of Webers to own anyway?!!

Thank you for the comments. I appreciate the feedback. I don't have a lot of room on my back patio, so I'm not sure if I can keep 2 back there. Wife probably won't be too thrilled, either. Decisions...

As a new member I was looking back through old threads and came upon this one that really made me laugh - especially some of the replies advocating getting yet another Weber! My wife usually tries, but my assorted collection of Weber grills and Weber projects plus one Green Egg do drive her crazy. She gets her digs in enough to let me know that I am over the top. We have a small deck with a Genesis 330 Special Edition, but recently I added a Weber Q200 (see my post about my $10 Thrift Store bargain!) and I just brought back a Genesis 1000 that I loaned to our local college but which is now in need of an overhaul. There's a ten year old Performer in my back yard, a couple kettles, and in my shed and yard parts of at least three Genesis 300 series, another 1000, and parts from some Silvers. I promise I am going to get some put together soon! I plan to donate a couple and maybe even get lucky enough to sell a few.

I have been thinking about what the right or ideal number of Webers to own really is. Any idea? Maybe I will start a new thread...

I think that a 22" Kettle of any type (Original, Master-Touch, Performer), a Genesis 3-burner & and 18" Smokey Mountain Cooker is all any one would ever need. That can handle a lot of different cooking needs, objectives and party-sizes without taking up too much space.

I think that a 22" Kettle of any type (Original, Master-Touch, Performer), a Genesis 3-burner & and 18" Smokey Mountain Cooker is all any one would ever need. That can handle a lot of different cooking needs, objectives and party-sizes without taking up too much space.

Oh lord no. That might suffice if a large party to you is 12 to 15 people. At my house, a small get together is 20 to 25 or so, a normal one is 40ish, a good sized one is 60ish and a big one is 80 or more. I'd be in a world of hurt if I was limited to the three cookers you listed.

Back