22.5 WSM cheap meat hang mod

Paul Fontana

So, i was staring at my new 22.5 wondering how i could get it to hang meat like a PBC. Then my buddy showed up who owns a PBC. A few adult beverage later, and we came up with this mod. Now its a WSM/PBC hybrid!

That is a very innovative idea. If I hadn't already ordered one of the last Weber hanging racks out there, I would have used your method. Since many of us have old grates sitting around, this doesn't have to be expensive to do at all. Great idea.

Hence the Hybrid name..i figure i can hang 4 racks of ribs easily, or a Butt, or a whole packer brisket on that side. And i still have 1/2 the real estate left on the grate. With the added bonus of not having to deal with the lower grate.

Hey Dwain, yes they do sell a hanging rack, its like $40 more or less. Ill probably order one some day. My setup cost me $11 and hour of my time. I think my 50/50 rack is more versatile, then again i may be a little biased as i just made it the other day.
BTW....i checked out your threads, nice cooks, you have skills!

no, my friend who has a pit barrel cooker lent 2 of his hooks. they work pretty good, I'm gonna have to order some from PBC, they sell em in packs of 8

Back