Weber says they have discontinued the Hanger Rack for the WSM's for 2017

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
I sent an email direct to Weber regarding the WSM Hanging Rack. They have been dscontinued for 2017.

That's a BUMMER! I was afraid of that when it became obvious that they were in short supply.

I feel bad for those of you who want one and can't get one.

Dale53

Well, as I said in the other post about this, Home Depot Canada has them/shows them in stock . I wouldn't be adverse to ordering for you for up-front payment if they can't/won't ship directly to the U.S. Shipping costs may be prohibititive though (from Canada to U.S. via individual vs corporate shipping rates).

If anyone is interested in this, I could take mine (box and all) to our local post office to find out costs based on your zip.

Len;
That is a nice offer. I have mine and feel "privileged". If enough people complain direct to Weber in a civil manner they might be induced to try this market, again. If it was't for this forum, I wouldn't have heard of this item. I have several of the Weber grilling and smoking books and there is no mention of this product. Further, I have the Weber App and have seen nothing there, either. If people don't know about the product, they certainly can't buy it...

FWIW,
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I'm glad I got mine a while back. If you watch that video about hanging ribs th guy does a good job of explaining why the hanging rack would have sold poorly in this market. Who the hell wants to smoke fish like the picture on the box shows? I use it to smoke sausage. I haven't tried ribs yet.

This is what homedepot canada has (note: it says in stock) for the 18" AND the 22"

Screenshot_2017-02-20-14-44-34_zpsci5yolle.png

The 22"
Screenshot_2017-02-20-14-45-14_zpsc0mflauu.png

I'm just guessing here BUTwhat if these are racks that were sent to us in a big shipment but didn't sell and they still have them in their CDN warehouse??

You may just be able to get them ;)

Last edited:
I sent an email direct to Weber regarding the WSM Hanging Rack. They have been dscontinued for 2017.

That's a BUMMER! I was afraid of that when it became obvious that they were in short supply.

I feel bad for those of you who want one and can't get one.

Dale53

I was afraid of that. I called Weber CS on Friday and asked about the rack. The lady I spoke to did some checking and couldn't find any info on it at this time.

I was interesting in buying this and should have when someone here mentioned that Cabelas had a few left. Oh well. I only do 2-3 racks at a time so not a huge loss, as a regular rib rack will suit my needs just fine.

If I really want to get into hanging ribs, fish, sausages, etc. in the future, I guess I'll just have to invest in the PBC :)

Yep, can't sell something that was never in the stores. Knew about them but never saw them in any store that carried webers including their so called dealers.

Yep, can't sell something that was never in the stores.
Niche accessories like the hanger system and the WSM ash scoop (discontinued last year) were never going to sell at the same volume as grlll brushes, spatulas, replacement grates, etc. that would earn them a spot on the shelf at home improvement stores. They were readily available online from many sources including Weber, Amazon, Home Depot, Target, TrueValue and others. The bigger issue: Hanging meat is not that compelling, not necessary, and specific to the niche WSM, so no surprise to me that they were not hot sellers. But I give Weber credit for at least giving WSM-specific accessories a try. I bet some enterprising third-party will step in to fill the void, if there's not one already.

Was just at Custom Fireplace Shop in Canton, Ohio and they had at least a 6 of each size. The 18 for $29 and the 22 for $39. Their number is (330) 499-7341. Give them a call and see if they will ship one to you.

Just ordered mine from True Value...Hope it works good..Looking to do some hanging ribs.

Back