Pizza Kettles on clearance at Wally World...er, Walmart

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro
Stopped at my local Walmart last night to pick up a ship-to-store order and found that they had 4 or 5 Kettle Pizza kits marked as Clearance for $124. This store is just outside of Philly, PA, so might be a local thing. I think it's the Deluxe kit (original price around $170), so this isn't a bad deal, but also not a great one.

My closest Walmart has had them for $79 for 6 months or so (I picked up one last summer). It is the Deluxe kit, that includes the peel. Were still 3 or 4 last time I checked (a couple of weeks ago). Slow seller in my area.

I'm down in Florida on vacation. Stopped in the Walmart in West Palm Beach near the airport. They had one left in the clearance section. It was marked $124 .. had them check the price .. $40. Score! Now just trying to figure out how to get it home. LOL

Walked through the grill/outdoor section at out local wal mart last night, looking for some nothing, nodda....
Oh well, maybe next time.

40 bucks in 8 or ten Wal-Marts around me, and I think the clearance deal is well known by now. However flip attempts have already begun as a thread has been created here - of all places - trying to sell at $110. :) I wish them well.

A neighbor of mine threw down $5K for a fire pizza oven, and our $100 kettle pizzas make as good pizza as his pizza oven any day / everyday

I'm down in Florida on vacation. Stopped in the Walmart in West Palm Beach near the airport. They had one left in the clearance section. It was marked $124 .. had them check the price .. $40. Score! Now just trying to figure out how to get it home. LOL

Hrm...I think I'll stop back and see what's left and have them price-check it. Never thought of that.

40 bucks in 8 or ten Wal-Marts around me, and I think the clearance deal is well known by now. However flip attempts have already begun as a thread has been created here - of all places - trying to sell at $110. :) I wish them well.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. $40 deal isn't available everywhere and the $110 includes shipping which can run from $20 - $40 depending on where you are.

Well. The box took a bit of a beating, but the $40 KettlePizza made it home safe and sound. Now, I'll just need to wait for some warmer weather. Going to stain and seal the wood pieces in the mean time.

2n7ehc1.jpg

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. $40 deal isn't available everywhere and the $110 includes shipping which can run from $20 - $40 depending on where you are.

Nothing wrong if you're willing to pay the price and insist on this unit; but there are other options for those that don't have a WalMart in their area, or their local WM is out. The unit in the link below yields similar results, is sold by WalMart online and has pretty strong reviews on several different sites. And you can have it shipped to your door anywhere in the lower 48 for less than half of $110.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Charcoal...06531790952304403398&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

I found the KettlePizza Delux for $20 in my area - I got two at that price. Dozens within an hour of me at 40 bucks.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong if you're willing to pay the price and insist on this unit; but there are other options for those that don't have a WalMart in their area, or their local WM is out. The unit in the link below yields similar results, is sold by WalMart online and has pretty strong reviews on several different sites. And you can have it shipped to your door anywhere in the lower 48 for less than half of $110.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Charcoal...06531790952304403398&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

I found the KettlePizza Delux for $20 in my area - I got two at that price. Dozens within an hour of me at 40 bucks.

If anyone wants a pizzaque, by all means, they should get one. Those have been available for quite some time and they have always been less expensive than the Kettle Pizza. Life is like that, we have choices and options.

As for the KP pricing, yes, some areas have them for 20. In other places, they are available for 40. Mine was 79 late last year. Thing is, in other parts of the country, there are none available at clearance pricing. If someone in one of those areas wants one, $110 shipped is still a lot less than paying the $190 that Amazon sells them for.

If anyone wants a pizzaque, by all means, they should get one. Those have been available for quite some time and they have always been less expensive than the Kettle Pizza. Life is like that, we have choices and options.

My point exactly. And i was doing just that - sharing options. Particularly a less expensive one that can yield similar results. After several years on this site (and others similar to it), I've found that the greatest commonality among people was 1) finding cool Weber products and 2) finding complementary products that work with their Weber products at the lowest price possible. Others here do the same, and as long as I'm a member I will continue to share information in the spirit of those interests. :cool:

$110 shipped is still a lot less than paying the $190 that Amazon sells them for.
Right, but still a lot more that the $55 you can spend to get a PizzaQue. :confused:

Last edited:
My point exactly. And i was doing just that - sharing options. Particularly a less expensive one that can yield similar results. After several years on this site (and others similar to it), I've found that the greatest commonality among people was 1) finding cool Weber products and 2) finding complementary products that work with their Weber products at the lowest price possible. Others here do the same, and as long as I'm a member I will continue to share information in the spirit of those interests. :cool:

Oh, I agree with this completely. Also agree with sharing information. I've made more than a couple of posts to clearance deals at Target and whatnot.

Right, but still a lot more that the $55 you can spend to get a PizzaQue. :confused:

I guess my point here was that for whatever reason, some people prefer the KP over the PQ even when there's a difference in price. The PQ you linked to normally retails for $65 or so. The KP kit in question retails for $190. Even just the "basic" KP kit with only the ring and the stone retails for over $100.

BTW, check out Ebay, you can get the PizzaQue for a lot less than $55 there. :cool:

I just got one off Ebay for $19.89 ($7.00 + $12.89 Shipping). Claimed to be brand new still wrapped in factory box. Hope it really works for the summertime pizza, when it's too hot to light the oven.

No kettle pizza sets available any where near me, just went to eBay and bid on a pizzaque. Might not be quite as nice but, I don't do a lot of kettle pizza work anyway. This will be a bit more of a "now and then" thing for me. I hope I "win"

Back