You guys I got the FEVER! (What grill is this?)

Xavier G

TVWBB Member
Ok, wifey is on board with the two Skylines pending completion of her items first. I've also ordered replacement SS hardware for them both (McMaster Carr - holy bananas is their site good) - but I keep checking Craigslist for more treasures.

This guy wants me to have this grill, including the two propane tanks, for $35!!!

SXcl2nw.jpg

Worth it just for the tanks!

What grill is this, and should I fix IT up too?

-XG

I have a Genesis silver A just like that one. It's a wonderful grill. Only 2 burners but that's an advantage when you are just cooking for 1 to 3 people.

I think this was a win. Flavorizers are totally rotten and the cook grate is junk, but the burners and crossover are ok. Igniter questionable. Trim in good shape (regulator, wheels, thermometer, thermoset), and the lid should clean up real nice. Plus, it has the newer tank scale which I'll probably swap out on one of the Skylines.

As mentioned, worth it just for the tanks! I stopped and had them both filled up for $23.

I'm thinking I pick a Skyline as the duty keeper and get rcplanebuyer involved, then let the rest of the bits and pieces roll downhill. The interoperability of these grills makes the prospect of becoming a full blown refurb shop absolutely intoxicating.

XG

Fx6dLxp.jpg

I27uvNB.jpg

4T7iVjY.jpg

n3bpM72.jpg

RvcHLyS.jpg

HHulHxT.jpg

Back