Anyone using PizzaQue on their Jumbo Joe?

PSchiller

TVWBB Member
I could use the pizzaque on my performer but I've read issues of the lid holder being in the way, and also any excuse to whip out the Jumbo Joe is a win in my book...

I do. I'm still trying to work out charcoal placement because my bottom cooks darker, but otherwise I like the set-up.

Tim

PSchiller, I use a PizzaQue with my Master Touch which I believe have the same lid holder as your Performer. The two screws of the lid holder inside the grill are in the way indeed, but with the MT it wasn't too difficult to get around the problem. I turned the grill so the lid holder is facing to almost the same direction as the PizzaQue's opening. The PizzaQue insert will slide into its place just fine at one of these screws, and at the other side I apply some force, basically bending the pizza ring slightly to get around the other screw.

If you have a look at this picture:

the lid holder screw on the left has its place and the right side of the ring was slightly forced to slid to its place. It's suboptimal, but still better than unscrewing the lid holder every time I want to make pizzas, and it causes no problems at the end.

ps. I have no idea how the PizzaQue would fit the Jumbo Joe but a friend of mine is using it on a WSM 22, it's quite a funny looking setup.

The reason I bought the PizzaQue was that it could be switched easily from a 22.5" or 18.5" kettle. I chose my SJP because of the shallower lid which I thought would give more heat deflection leaning towards a more evenly cooked topping. The downside is the charcoal is closer to the stone so the bottom browns quicker, but I think charcoal rails or baskets placed around the perimeter might help.
It fits pretty good.

32131034374_ec85d0e868_h.jpg

30602236796_9330f311e0_h.jpg

Tim

Thanks guys for the input...if charcoal was property deflected I'm assuming it would help the entire pie cook evenly.

Back