Korean Sticky wings

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Fired up the 14.5 the other day. Vacuum marinated the wings for two days. Reserved the marinade and boiled it down for a glaze.

High temp, KBB and cherry.

32727137832_1ab576aa6a_c.jpg

Here's the marinade recipe, I made a double batch.

1/4 cup gochujang (I used Sambal Oelek)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vineger
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

32839573266_87bb11eab1_c.jpg

32066014253_47d1cdd5dc_c.jpg

32727121202_a1a126e257_c.jpg

32037755464_af9c8d3b83_c.jpg

32499334600_c752fa21f9_c.jpg

ENJOY!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't find gochujang (I have to order it on amazon) you can sub sambal oelek

Man those look great Case. Barb and I have just started playing around with wings. Did three different styles on SB Sunday and really enjoyed them. Think I'm going to give yours a try, thanks for sharing the recipe.

They look wonderful. Sambal oelek is my go to (sriracha has it's place--my original choice-- but I think the s.o. is superior).

They look wonderful. Sambal oelek is my go to (sriracha has it's place--my original choice-- but I think the s.o. is superior).

So, in a pinch (or a moment of laziness), one could go with Sriracha?

Nice looking wings, Case. Recipe sounds really good.

IMO, in a pinch, yes. I find the s.o. has less of a garlic/vinegar presence than does sriracha (one version does have garlic (referred to as "chili sauce" sometimes) & vinegar in their composition but some versions of s.o. does not use garlic--used more for a heat component than flavouring). They do have different flavour profiles though so be prepared for that if you sub in one for the other when expecting a certain "ethnic" quality.

I tend to use one or the other when I have mac and cheese. That might be a good way for you to determine just how one flavour is different from the other. I wouldn't recommend trying it by itself although obviously you could if you wanted to.

edit-->read the label on the s.o. to see if it contains garlic or not. Try to get one without and compare that to sriracha. Use it on a "bland" food (like mac & cheese) for the taste test.

Last edited:
Man those look great Case. Barb and I have just started playing around with wings. Did three different styles on SB Sunday and really enjoyed them. Think I'm going to give yours a try, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Thanks you Rich! I make wings 3-4 times a month. I like them for work lunch. Tasty!

Those look amazing Case! I will be borrowing the recipe as well.

Thank you Pat. if you can gochujang I highly recommend using it. Sambel oelek is a good substitute but has a bit of a different flavor.

Thank you! If you can find gochujang give it a try. I have tried sriracha in this recipe and it's not the same as the gochujang or the sambal.

Thank you. If you can get it gochujang it the best with sambal a close second. We do not have an Asian market so I order the gochujang on amazon. I buy a three tube pack.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003J3PUIW/tvwb-20

Wings looks awesome!!! Thanks for the recipe!

Thank you! These are tasty!

OUtstanding wings. Thanks for the recipe! You probably know everyone would ask!

Thank you! Everyone always wants a recipe!

Thank you Pat. if you can gochujang I highly recommend using it. Sambel oelek is a good substitute but has a bit of a different flavor.

Case, fortunately we have plenty of Asian markets here in Houston.

....I've copied this one into the recipe file, Case. Always looking for a new wing flavor! They look great!

R

Case great cook and great recipe I am with you gochujang is great a very different flavor. Beside we have it in the refrigerator already.

Last edited:

Back