need advice on a puppy that followed me home

MarkGinEvanston

So i am planning on putting in a new stone patio and along with it a built in grill this spring. I happened to be browsing online and found someone selling a stainless summit grill minus the side burner and the side with the rotisserie. This was purchased from an ace hardware who hauled it away from a customer that was upgrading. The previous owner used it as a built in, hence the missing sides. It's in working order and in good shape minus being dirty and a ding in corner of a door. I paid a whopping 100.00 for it. Now i originally saw it i thought it was a 670 and the guy at ace thought it was a 2008. When i got it home it had a manual inside from a 2011 summit grill center, i thought maybe the guy at ace threw in an old manual he had laying around. For the hell of it I decided to call weber to how much it would cost to replace the side burner, etc. I gave them the serial number and luckily it was never registered. But they also told me it was purchased in 2011 and that it was a summit grill center. HOLY COW i thought. I told them I moved recently and the moving company disassembled the grill but lost the side sections. So i asked how much it would cost to replace everything. According to them it was just under 400.00.

So now I have to decide if it's worth replacing those sides or if I should use it as is. Obviously if I spend the 400.00 I'm still coming out way ahead. I believe msrp is 3,300 for this grill. I could put that money towards the stonework but damn the grill center looks mighty impressive. But is it practical? Also is there anyway or strategy I should try to get the parts cheaper from weber or another source? What can I say I'm cheap lol. I welcome all opinions. Thanks

So now I have to decide if it's worth replacing those sides or if I should use it as is. Obviously if I spend the 400.00 I'm still coming out way ahead. I believe msrp is 3,300 for this grill. I could put that money towards the stonework but damn the grill center looks mighty impressive. But is it practical? Also is there anyway or strategy I should try to get the parts cheaper from weber or another source? What can I say I'm cheap lol. I welcome all opinions. Thanks
$500 total for a Summit in the condition described is a nice purchase

Dang assuming it will look like this.
293079b.jpg

Yup exactly. It's damn impressive, that's why I'm thinking it's the smart play to finish it off. Of course I'm going to eventually have to tell the wife this beast is sitting in the garage lol.

Back