long time listener, first time caller

MarkGinEvanston

Newbie to the forum but not grilling. Grew up with the standard weber kettle then when I got married in 2009 I bought myself a genesis which is still going strong. I then bought a 26 inch platinum kettle, and most recently a q. I grill as often as I can and i put a turkey on my rotisserie every year for thanksgiving. I grew up in Chicago proper but now that I have a 3 year old we moved Evanston aka the suburbs and now I have a huge yard and I'm planning to do a built in grill on a new stone patio. Can't wait.

welcome Sir! best of luck! here you'll find, good people, advise and great ideas! there are a lot of smokers out there that know what they are doing.

summer project, grill and patio, very nice! i'm in the landscape business, have built many outdoor kitchens, got any questions about your 'built in grill', let me know i might be able to help. all the best Sir!

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have some good experience and a great plan for your backyard. We're all willing to share and help each other here and I'm sure you will have a great experinace and learn and share your ideas with us.
I grew up in the 'burbs of Chicago ( Franklin Park) sure don't miss those winters:p

Thanks guys. I'll be looking for plenty of ideas and opinions as my project moves closer. I'll gladly share whatever knowledge i have. I'm pumped and can't wait for the weather to break.

Welcome to the forum Mark. Sounds like you are going to fit in here really well. Good luck with the project.

Welcome Mark, a nice sunny day like today would be great to take your Q over to Lighthouse Beach to grill by the lakefront! Guaranteed no crowds!

Back