Does anyone know the years that the Q120 were produced?

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I am looking at a used Q120 and hope to get an idea how old it might be. I know they quit making the Q120 in favor of the Q1200 a few years ago, but I am not sure of the exact year and I don't know when they began producing them. I did some googling but couldn't find what I was looking for. I am hoping someone on here has some history knowledge on the Weber Q's.

If the price is right, age shouldn't be an issue. What shape is the cooking grate in? Does it look clean to you? If needed, replacement parts are available. Those Q's are a pretty good cooking machine and are pretty portable. The Q forum has tons of cooks on those Q's.

Weber Q 120 was sold 2002/2003 to 2013. Weber Q 1200 was introduced in 2014.

Locate the serial number on the owner's manual cover or on the rear leg frame. You should be able to determine the model year using the first two alpha characters using the scheme on this page...it works for any Weber grill, not just smokers: How To Determine The Age Of Weber Smokers

Well, I picked it up today and it was a 220 instead of the 120 that I thought it was. The craigslist add didn't state the size, but it sure looked smaller than the 200 series in the photos. There were a couple of size reference objects in the photos so I was confident that it was just a 120 and didn't even think to ask for clarification. That is OK though. A bigger, better grill and should be worth a bit more when I get it all cleaned up. The grate looked in good shape but caked with grease and stuck on food. It looked like one of those deals where they finish grilling and just shut it off without giving the grill a chance to burn off the grease and stuck on food. So, that is what I am doing now. The gas tube needed a little help getting some of the holes unplugged, but after running it for 15 minutes, it looks to be burning nice and evenly. It is almost up to 500 degrees after about 15 or 20 minutes. Is that good, or should I be looking for temps north of 500 on high?

The grill came with the portable cart and a brand new, still in sealed box, Weber brand 20# propane tank adapter hose. Those things are $25 alone. Plus, I got the 20# tank for an extra $10. So, I got the whole rig for $70 in pretty good shape. I will clean it all up real nice and decide later if I want to put a fresh coat of Rustoleum high heat paint on the lid.
I will now be able to check the serial number against the chart to see the year of manufacture.
Thanks for the information guys.
Bruce

Last edited:
It looks like my grill's SN is: DZ0915034
The 1 and the 4 are completely faded out and the 3 could be an 8. The Z is partially faded as well, but it looks to be a Z and a 7 doesn't work. That would make it have a manufacture year of 2008.

Is there another place on the grill besides the underside of the fold out shelf that you can find the serial number?

Last edited:

Back