Fan power problem

I spent the last 2 days getting my HM 4.3 together and when I went to power up using the RP power from my laptop the only thing that came on was the rPi. Then i tried the same cord to a wall adapter and got LED's on the front... So maybe not enough power. Used the 12v power and everything came up and I'm up and running now. However, I need help. I am not very good with electronics but I'm having what appears to be a power issue only when using the fan.

Please excuse the sideways video and listen to the fan. I have no idea where to start!

Just got done graciously tearing my house apart for one of those pesky 12v adapters we all throw out because we don't know what they go to. I found a 12v 2a and gave it a shot. It seems to have cured my problem.. I'm amazed.. I am currently still testing however it's been running for a few minutes. I did order the cheap 12v 1a from Amazon.

Yup, I always tell people to go with 2a minimum, because most of these adapters are cheap POS. Glad to hear you got your problem fixed quickly!

I calibrated in boiling water. This morning I stuck the TC in the oven and heated it up. Why would my probe0 drop out as shown?
drop.PNG

It looks like the power was turned off for the majority of the time. It's hard to tell what's going on when the temp is going up and down. You said you calibrated in boiling water did the temperature stay even? In the oven, the temp will be a sawtooth wave.

Yep, it does look like it was off.

If you login to the web interface and then click on the Status tab on the top and then the Overview tab on the next row down, it will show you the system Uptime.

It will try and restore the cook history upon boot. If you want to reset it, click on the Archive link at the bottom of the main graph page, log in and click on Reset Database at the bottom of the page.

Back