Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: That feeling when you know what is about to happen next will be amazing....

TVWBB Super Fan
    JKim,
    I'm glad I could be of help.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier G View Post
    Hi everyone

It took me a bit longer to wrap up my honeydo list, but I finally got clearance from the tower to start Weber work (real work). The thing is, since the original post, I have accumulated more grills!

Here's the brief update:

-Cooked on the better Skyline with the CI grates in it's original state

-Ordered all replacement ss hardware and RCPlaneBuyer flavorizers / grates for when I got ok to weber

-Picked up a Silver A blacktop

-Picked up a Silver C burgundy top

-Picked up another Skyline, stripped for parts, dumped frame and firebox

-Picked up ANOTHER Skyline, refurbed it 70% of the way as practice, gave it to friends who just moved here and had no grill for the Memorial Day BBQ they were hosting

-Sold the first Skyline with a bit of fix up to a buddy who fully caught the bug and went full RCPlaneBuyer on it

-Picked up a 2000lx with all the durawood (!) that I decided I want for the keeper, will keep a skyline lid because I like the logo

-Discovered the lx horizontal frame bottom bars have the end cap boltholes rusted out (the ones IN the tube ends, bars themselves are fine), so now that's on hold

-Got commitment from a co-worker that he wants to buy the Silver A

So that's where I am at. Wife is NOT AMUSED with the amount of grills / grill parts in our side / backyard. She doesn't understand that we NEED THEM.

Current task is good enough rehab of the Silver A to sell. Then it's component resto on keeper parts while I look for another 2000 frame or find someone who can weld me in some nuts - saw that option on a thread here.

Being able to make forward progress with bits and pieces toward the end goal (full manifold / valve teardown - thanks Chris! - tank scale disassemble / repaint) has slaked my thirst as I molt into my final form.

I do promise to post pics once I have all parts in hand for the final keeper!
    Xavier, I found this older post and cracked up laughing. I had to explain my laughter to my wife, but she is also not amused by my grill restoration addiction . I am working on getting Skyline parts to do a custom version restore, so I was wondering if you have had time to make any progress with your Skylines. If so, would love to see some pictures!
    Genesis 330-SE, Q200 Performer , 2 kettles, Green Egg, Orion Cooker & restoring a Genesis 1000 and 3000.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234