Industrial Design: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
If you are interested in industrial design, you can see a bit of what went into the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill and Grilling Center at ChoiDesign.com

h8LgopY.jpg

Move along...nothing to see here.

Update 2/10/2017: Today I received a friendly email from CHOi Design stating that they are taking the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill information off their website. The email also included a link to this post and asked that I remove the two images I had posted here and delete this post entirely. One of the images was a design sketch of the Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, the other a computer rendering of three Summit Grilling Centers showing different design treatments of the storage area on the right side of the grill. Each of these images was posted on their public-facing website as examples of the excellent, innovative work they have done for their client, Weber-Stephen Products LLC.

While it is my view that, from a journalistic standpoint, I was within my rights to include those two images in this post based on fair use as defined in Section 107 of the US Copyright Act, it's not my intention to pi** off anyone or invite possible legal action. So while I have decided to not delete this post, I have deleted the original design sketch and the computer rendering.

My intention in posting this information was to help you see some of the behind-the-scenes work that goes into bringing us these new Weber grilling products that we know and love, and to celebrate that design process. Apparently CHOi Design or Weber or both would prefer that you not know about their working relationship.

I'm starting to get that feeling Lmichaels must get when he talks about the future of weber. It's getting a little bit too "corporate"

Well that's a shame. I love looking at the design aspect of things; seeing how everything comes together at the end.

Tim

Glad I have enough of the older Weber grills/smokers to last me the rest of my life, I will not be buying any new ones.

A few years back a local St Louis bbq/grilling website was told by Weber-Stephen to cease and desist from even mentioning the name Weber or face a lawsuit.
Free advertisement and praise for their products, guess they didn't feel the need. :(

Glad I have enough of the older Weber grills/smokers to last me the rest of my life, I will not be buying any new ones.

A few years back a local St Louis bbq/grilling website was told by Weber-Stephen to cease and desist from even mentioning the name Weber or face a lawsuit.
Free advertisement and praise for their products, guess they didn't feel the need. :(

Bob I'll be your age next month and probably have enough for my lifetime too. Just sayin'.....................

Weber can ill afford ticking off its core base of followers. Me ? They already lost me as a buy new customer. I have enough webers to last me three lifetimes. Doing something like this to chris just shows that they are missing the whole point of what a customer base means. Be seeing you weber.

Back