New Euro member (from Slovenia)

Marko V.

Hello everybody, yet another European member on board.

Up to until a couple of months ago I did not even know that something like "low and slow" cooking existed. So far I have been a happy kettle grill user, to much enjoyment and delight of my family and friends. One fateful day I decided to educate myself in American ways of grilling, and learned to much surprise that barbecuing is not an American equivalent of grilling, but something entirely different!

I then just had to try smoking beef ribs nice low and slow in my kettle grill for our traditional Dec 30 Neighbors New Year's party. It was cold outside, beer was freezing in my glass, and the kettle needed much work to stay at the right temperature - but the results were absolutely fantastic.

So, for my birthday in January my wife and my parents pooled funds together, and now I own a 18" WSM and couldn't have been happier. See here for my first cook with the new machine: https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?69063-My-first-smoke-with-WSM

This forum is an enormously informative and helpful site, and I am happy to be able to join as a member.

Greetings from Slovenia, Marko

Welcome to the forum Marko! Congrats on the new WSM. I know you will love it and that your friends and family are going to be very happy to try the results. Looking forward to more of your cooks.

Welcome Marko, looking forward to your cooks. Lots of great cooks on the forum and we all love to share our recipes. Again Welcome.

Back