The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maverick and Auber Temp diff

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew F View Post
    I used the 10CFM fan on my 22, It would whip the smoker up to temp quite fast, and it would only "puff" once it was up to temp, unless the weather is not so nice, then it runs more. The 10 might be over kill for nicer climates, or summer weather. I have a 15 cfu fan with my HeaterMeter now, and that really is overkill. However the HM will run the fan at lower speeds, where the Auber is just an On/off fan control.
    Hi How does the HM compare to the Auber..I'm stuck between the HM, Auber, and a DigiQ DX 2..Don't really know which way to go..This is for a WSM 22'.
    The HM sounds sooo complicated?
    Thanks Dan
    PS Also might use the ATC on my 24 x 36 Shirley stick burner
    Last edited by DBono; 10-31-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie- 2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS

Quote Originally Posted by DBono View Post
    Hi How does the HM compare to the Auber..I'm stuck between the HM, Auber, and a DigiQ DX 2..Don't really know which way to go..This is for a WSM 22'.
    The HM sounds sooo complicated?
    Thanks Dan
    PS Also might use the ATC on my 24 x 36 Shirley stick burner
    Between the HM and the Auber, the HM wins hands down. Yeah, it is more complicated as you have to build it, but people on this forum will sell you one built and tested. You need to fart around getting it to connect to the internet to fully realize its potential, but if you can set-up a router, you can handle this. The support group on here is awesome!
    I don't have, nor have ever used a DigiQ, so I can only comment on what I read on the web and you would have to jump up to the Cyber Q to get the wifi. They also only have 1 food probe. And their fans are stupid expensive ( but now on sale for a better price.)
    Blue Performer 22 WSM Blue Q 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew F View Post
    Between the HM and the Auber, the HM wins hands down. Yeah, it is more complicated as you have to build it, but people on this forum will sell you one built and tested. You need to fart around getting it to connect to the internet to fully realize its potential, but if you can set-up a router, you can handle this. The support group on here is awesome!
    I don't have, nor have ever used a DigiQ, so I can only comment on what I read on the web and you would have to jump up to the Cyber Q to get the wifi. They also only have 1 food probe. And their fans are stupid expensive ( but now on sale for a better price.)
    Hi I have a Verizon router for Fios TV, telephone , and internet..They setup the router. I would want a ATC more for maintaining temps. I've been getting some quotes on here for a fully built HM.

Thanks Dan
    Last edited by DBono; 11-02-2017 at 06:31 AM.
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie- 2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS

TVWBB Super Fan
    Or just get a good accurate lid thermometer and ditch all the wires.
    18.5 WSM. 22.5 OTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12