weber fix their part problem ?

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
Sooo, years ago I took my q220 apart for a thourough cleaning. Unfortunately I found two spacers between the body and legs were broken most likely done during shipping. Weber had no idea what I was talking about but sent me a bunch of stuff anyhow. No help. These bushing seem to be made of some sort if fragile metal. Not sure if they conduct heat. Anyway a while later it was mentioned that the spacers only came with the side brackets. Course by that time my unit was out of warranty. Thanks, weber.
so my question is, has weber made those spacers available seperately now ? It's nuts that you can get every single part except for the spacer that does break unless you buy the side rails. What gets me is that if they knew what I was talking about back then I might have gotten the rail for free.
So, anyone heard anything ? I know others have found their spacers broken also.
thanks,

I know this is a bit late, but yes, I know what those spacers are that you are talking about. I fix up old webers and resell them and several of them had those spacers that basically fell apart when I dissasembled the grill. I put them back in two pieces but it would have been nice to have replacements. I just ordered some parts for a different grill and wish I would have asked about those spacers. They are also used on the lid handle and I think they are the same pieces. Maybe they would have thrown in dozen of them with my order for a couple bucks.

From the grill schematics, they don't even show the spacers on the legs but I am sure you are right, they are considered part of the legs and as such, sold as a "kit".

Yea, they are not the same as the handle spacer. They seem to be some odd metal. They don't transfer heat well otherwise the legs would melt. Still baffles me why they offer so many parts but not the one that actually breaks. But then I have learned that this is typical of weber.

Back