Mini WSM build advice

Brad.S

Hello, I'm going to be buying a Jumbo smokey Joe this spring and would like to do the mod to make it into a mini WSM for camping. I think I can get most of the stuff needed here( Canada) but I'm having problems finding a pot to fit it.

Is it still the 32 quart pot that fits best for the Jumbo Joe?

Any particular brand or will any 32 quart pot work?

Anybody know where a guy in Canada can find a pot that works? If not where is the preferred place to order it from in the USA?

Also is it worth it to do the work to convert the smokey joe or am i better off just getting a WSM 14.5 and bring that camping?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Are you sure you are going to use a Jumbo Joe? The 32qt pot is way too small for the Jumbo. The 32qt pot fits the Smokey Joe Gold and Silver.

Are you sure you are going to use a Jumbo Joe? The 32qt pot is way too small for the Jumbo. The 32qt pot fits the Smokey Joe Gold and Silver.

Yes your right it is the gold or silver. Made the thread then realized my mistake but forgot to change it.

For the Jumbo Joe conversion it's a 80 quart pot you need. There is an very good video on Youtube from start of project to finish!

Garvin

Back