Drip 'N Griddle pan

Barrett Davidson

TVWBB Member
I purchased and received the Slow 'N Sear for my 22.5 kettle. Used it this weekend a few times and really like it a lot. I also went ahead and ordered the Drip 'N Griddle pan, since I could see a lot of possibilities for moving more cooking to the grill (mushrooms, vegetables, etc). I hadn't seen a lot of posts here regarding the griddle pan, and I wondered if anyone had any useful tips or tricks for using theirs?

Additionally, I'm going to complete my Adrenaline collection by ordering the Grill Grates sized for the Slow 'N Sear. The company has been really terrific to deal with, and that made me want to do more business with them, so I went all in, pretty much.

Thinking of ordering a SlowNSear for my Weber "Mastertouch" 22" Grill but trying to justify the need since I have a WSM 18" that I bought new in the year 2008.

My justification: My 74 year old back kind of "creeks" when I need to bend down to adjust the WSM bottom vents.

Last year I did buy three(3) "Grill Grates(GG)" for my "Mastertouch" and "Smoky Joe" and I am one happy GG Customer as it does a great job in controlling the charcoal flame and obtaining those great Grill marks.

Last edited:
Just now Pulled-The-Trigger and ordered the SlowNSear Plus for my Weber "Mastertouch 22" Grill".

I really like my Slow N Sear. I pretty much exclusively do 2-zone cooks, so the SnS makes it really easy to keep all my charcoal together. I smoked a pork butt this weekend with it for about 13 hours and used about 1.5 chimneys of Kingsford blue charcoal. I've also done a few grilling sessions with it, and it's been great. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.

Barrett;

Thanx for this information as I now may put my WSM 18" Classic on the sidelines, however, in order to keep the "Critters", mold and the nastys away I plan on firing-up the WSM around every two(2) months.

I plan of purchasing that Drip Pan in the very near future.

Let's keep in touch on how our future cooks went with this BBQ Toy.

Last edited:
I purchased the Slow n Sear and use it mainly for reverse searing steaks and all indirect grilling. I also bought the Drip N Griddle Pan mostly for the purpose of catching drips and keeping the indirect side of my kettle clean-that and directing the air flow away from under the meat. I have been wanting to use it as a griddle but I have a Sizzle Que that I use on my gasser so I have not yet given it a try but I will at some point. I think both items are well built, well designed and worth the cost.

My "Slow N Sear Plus" arrived today here in Costa Rica and what a Hunk-Of-Metal. All Stainless Steel and one of my "13.75 inch Grill Grates" fits almost perfectly over the Sear Section of this unit which should provide some great grill marks on those tasty steaks.

No written instructions on how-to-set-up were included but there is plenty of information on YouTube and the SlowNSear Website.

PLEASE NOTE: TODAY, which is Sunday, I received an email from ABC Barbecue that they will be raising the price of the DripNGriddle in the very near future due to rising costs on a new batch of these units that they recently ordered, so, I just pulled-the-trigger and ordered one from their present stock on-hand.

Last edited:
Here's the cook I did this weekend. Steaks in the sous vide while the mushrooms cooked on the Drip 'N Griddle. After the steaks were up to temp, finished on the Grill Grates over the Slow 'N Sear. Next time, I'll flip over the Grill Grates and cook on the flat side for a better sear a la my cast iron pan.

Mushrooms on the Drip 'N Griddle

SxoyV

Last edited:
My SlowNSear arrived today here in Costa Rica and what a Beauty. All Stainless Steel and one of my "13.75 inch Grill Grates" fits almost perfectly over the Sear Section of this unit which should provide some great grill marks on those tasty steaks.

No written instructions on how-to-set-up were included but there is plenty of information on YouTube and the SlowNSear Website.

PLEASE NOTE: TODAY which is Sunday I received an email from the SlowNSear Folks that they will be raising the price of the DripNGriddle in the very near future due to rising costs on a new batch of these units that they recently ordered, so, I just pulled-the-trigger and ordered one from their present stock on-hand.

I saw that on their Facebook page, as well. Glad I got my order in. You won't be disappointed.

As for instructions using the Slow 'N Sear, feel free to ask here, or ask the folks at Adrenaline. They've been very helpful with tips since I've gotten mine.

Barrett: Some good-looking mushrooms on the Drip N Griddle and a nice touch with that custom "Grill Grates". I have three(3) 13.75 Inch standard Grill Grates that I previously bought a few months ago and will be using one of these when searing some steaks and It covers about 3/4's of the Sear Part of the "Slow N Sear Plus" which is enough room to sear a couple of steaks.

How is the Drip Pan part working out on your Weber?

Last edited:
Drip pan is great. I used it last week under a pork butt, and it came clean without too much work at all. I really like the fit inside the kettle with my Slow 'N Sear in place. I learned a little bit doing the mushrooms, though. Need to keep the Grill Grates off until I don't need the coals under the griddle, because the griddle is larger than the grill grates so it makes for an uneven surface. Not a big deal, though. Next time I'll do better.

I'm really pleased with these purchases, and the company has been very responsive and helpful so far.

I purchased and received the Slow 'N Sear for my 22.5 kettle. .

Did you purchase the Slow N Sear Plus or the the other one without Sear Part bottom plate??

The reason I am asking is that the "Plus" has a small bottom extension of 1/4" running the length of the water reservoir to enhance stability and hoping that this does not affect negatively the placement of the Drip N Griddle on the charcoal grate.

Also, do you cover your Drip N Griddle when using it as a Drip Pan with Foil before each cook?

Last edited:
I got the regular Slow 'N Sear as it seemed a better price for me to spend. As long as the SNS plus fits under the charcoal grate, which I would think it does, it should be fine. I'd suggest emailing them, they're quick to respond and helpful.

I haven't covered my Drip N Griddle the few times I've used it, and it cleans up just fine. It even sat for a few days after I used it as a drip pan for pork butt, and it still cleaned up with just using a nylon scrubber brush. I can't remember what they recommend, but I would think an SOS pad would clean up even the most extreme messes. There's a little bit of smoke staining the lip of the pan, but I figure if I can't scrub it off, it's not coming off in my food when I use it.

Barrett; thanx for this information but I will wait-to-see as my Drip N Griddle is already on-it's-way to Costa Rica.

Boy, ABC Barbecue acts very fast on orders as I placed my order last Sunday and it was on-it's-way the next day via FedEx. I am very impressed with the quality of their product(s) and quick action on my orders.

UPDATE: This morning,Wednesday, I sent ABC Barbeque an email regarding a couple of question(S) concerning the Drip N Griddle and around ten(10)minutes later I received a reply stating that there is "NO Problema" in using the Drip N Griddle with a Slow N Sear Plus on a Weber Kettle 22" as it fits perfectly.

Also, they stated that one can use Foil to cover the Drip N Griddle but it is not necessary as it is easy to clean.

Rick

Last edited:
My "Drip N Griddle" arrived here in Costa Rica yesterday and it is another beauty. I placed it upon the Charcoal Grill of my Weber Mastertouch 22" Grill along side of my Slow N Sear Plus and it fits perfectly.

I will be doing some Ribs and Chickens using these new gadgets in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Nice! I used it this weekend. Smoked a pork butt and then smoked a few beef ribs after that. Got the DnG very nice and dirty. Didn't clean it until yesterday and it still came clean pretty easily. A little elbow grease and an SOS pad made the job easier.

Barrett: Thanx for this information; oh, I checked the ABC Barbecue Website this morning to discover that the price of the Drip N Griddle is now $69.95 which is a $10 dollar increase. Sure glad I placed my order on February 12th in order to take advantage of the old price of $59.95.

Rick

Last edited:

Back