What's Cookin For The Superbowl?

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Will you be grilling or smoking something special for the Superbowl?
Thinking about spare ribs and some burgers here, both from the WSM.

Going to do four different types of wings that we haven't tried yet, some ABTs and coleslaw or macaroni salad as a side.

Going to have grilled Falcon Wings with a side of Patriot Salad (red-white-blue pasta) when I flip on the NHL channel and watch Hockey re-runs :D

Just so happens I have a whole complete rib roast dry ageing in my dads fridge. Will cut a 2 or 3 bone roast off for the Super Bowl.
We will spin a 49 day dry aged rib roast. At 45 days we will cut steaks off the rest of the roast. And rib bones on the smoker. yum-yum!
No pony in the big show this year, so we can relax & just watch a good game this year. Go FALCONS!!!

Not sure yet, but we'll smoke or grill something to celebrate the 5th Bay State Patriots Super Bowl Victory!

This is a "I really don't care who wins" bowl. Just having a buddy over. Probably just some wings and burgers. And beer!

Going to make some wings and ABT's. Go Falcons! Not really a Falcons fan, the picture explains it better.

Last edited:
Atlanta is not really a hometown to many people... i'll bet the majority of it's residents are from somewhere else...
very much like Reno or Vegas... no one was actually born and raised there...

been to Atlanta, it's nice.
been to Boston, it's nice also.

should really root for the underdog, the team that has never won the SB before...
i guess it doesn't really matter as long as the bears, vikings, broncos, seahawks, giants, cowboys, niners, jets or bills never do.

i do know in the next 4 years, the Packers will win another.
meanwhile.......

SB starting so late on a Sunday makes it a challenge to truly enjoy the game/food. I would much prefer it was a Saturday game with time to recover before work on Monday.

I TOTALY agree with James!! We have thought for years how much smarter it would be to have the game on a Saturday rather than on Sunday Night. Anyhow.....I think I'll be doing ribs, and wings this year..

Can't decide, but the wife is hinting she wants a good grilled steak.

So, I'll go with that and avoid a possible 'two loss' day if the Falcons lose. ;)

Not firing up the charcoal, instead making about five or six quarts of Texas Red Chili in the slow cooker. Fine stuff!!!!!!!!!!! Not overly hot but the flavors are intense......

Gonna do a prime packer from Costco, kinda excited as I haven't done a brisket in awhile and this will be a first for prime.

18# going on the big boy WSM round midnite.:wsm:

Tim

Picked up a point, and have it curing as we speak. Will smoke it Saturday and make Pastrami Sammies for SBS
I pulled the point out of the cure, gave it a good rinse and then two 10 minutes leachings. Going in the fridge to drain overnight and smoke it tomorrow for Superbowl Sunday

Out of the cure

E74191AC-2605-4A61-9AF4-1552E18BB05C_zpsahjxnvvn.jpg

The goal...

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?64418-Pastrami-Reuben-Sandwich

Just the wife and I so smoking a rack of Baby Backs. I always smoke them in my WSM but going to try these on my Performer with my Slow N Sear.

Back