Genesis silver B frame question.

JRicks

TVWBB Member
I recently acquired a Stopwatch Genesis Silver B grill. An upgrade from my spirit, but that is another story. My question is this. The previous owner did not set up the frame correctly and it is pretty flimsy. No bolts or fasteners of any kind holding the top and bottom of the frame together. What size bolts do I need, and if all else fails can I drill out the frame and place a bolt all the way through? Thank you for all your replies before hand. A schematic of how the frame is put together would be great. Or where I can find one.

So I got home from work an hour early today, thought and thought about the problem. Well, come to find out whomever I purchased it from placed the lower cart on backward so I had no threads to thread a bolt into. I figured it out and had the lovely Mrs. help me turn the box around voila, it worked wonders. After a trip to the hardware store to get the proper bolts and nylon washers. Now I need some flavorizer bars and I can grill. I feel bad for neglecting the redhead though.

What's a "Stopwatch" silver B?
I recently picked up an "old lady" (blue hair) silver B which has suffered from inattention and will be gently "regenerated" to youthful beauty, one step at a time. New thermometer first, burners waiting, spring will see new bars, body spray tanning(black) table cleaning, and yippee! Then a grill down with as many grills as I can assemble reasonably, and a bunch of friends. I'm thinking my five grills and anything someone might want to bring themselves. About ten grillers,spouses or squeezes, BYOB and something to grill. I'm leaning toward a giant appetizer bonanza!
I'm even thinking about setting up a "swing stage" tripod set up over my firebowl! That would make six grills on site!

The good folks at Weber informed me that it was a Stopwatch Silver B. I don't really know, I am thinking it means the color of the hood. ??? If any one can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Also LMichaels, thank for the tip. I think it needs some restoration but the wife thinks I have too many already. Gotta love the old Webers!!!

I recently acquired a Stopwatch Genesis Silver B grill. An upgrade from my spirit, but that is another story. My question is this. The previous owner did not set up the frame correctly and it is pretty flimsy. No bolts or fasteners of any kind holding the top and bottom of the frame together. What size bolts do I need, and if all else fails can I drill out the frame and place a bolt all the way through? Thank you for all your replies before hand. A schematic of how the frame is put together would be great. Or where I can find one.

I reburb a 2001 Silver B . This might help....

http://virtualwebergasgrill.com/category/restore/

Back