Hello! "Long time reader, first time poster"

Mark J M

Hello all,

Pleasure to be a part of the community. I've leached a lot of good information off this site for a while now, figured I'd do my best to try and give a little back.

Myself, long story short: Canadian (Calgary) living in Texas (Houston) working in Australia (Perth)......for now! Dedicated amateur smoker and griller (never competed) but there is rarely more than a day or two that goes by without something being fired up. Dabbled in cold smoking, but probably the weaker side of my skill (or lack thereof) set.

I've been a bit a Weber lover (Summit 470, 18" WSM, 22" Original Kettle, and even a little Smokey Joe ), but recently picked up a Kamado Joe Classic (inspired by a Prime Rib a colleague of mine absolutely nailed a few weeks ago. It was sensational). I've also got a few gadgets (IQ 120, collection of smoker boxes, and odds and ends as well as homemade riggings). I've also been digging my sous vide as of late.

Will tour a good distance to check out a smokehouse if I hear good things as well.

Thanks for welcoming me in. Look forward to some chats. It'll be a little step up from the meat **** text message and email chains I tend to get caught up in. If there's anything on the go in any of the locales listed above, I'll do what I can to make it down.

Cheers,
Mark

Welcome to "the greatest smoke on Earth" Mark! Sounds like you have quite the background in grilling, smoking and Q'ing! You'll love hanging around here - lots to learn as well as lots to teach to us. This place is the ultimate "think tank" for all things combining heat, meat and anything else you can put on a grill!

From one newbie to another Welcome to the forum. Looks like I can learn a lot from your posts.

Back